The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Islanders sign Zach Parise

I still remember Suter and Parise asked Dany "AllStar" Heater If they can win in Minny before they signed. 

Of course he said "Yes!"

Then Dany immediately fell off a cliff offensively when they signed. What a freaking Legend.

And they never won in Minnesota. :bigblush:

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Kinda ironic isn't it? He was their star and pride and now they're doing so well after he left.

Capitals owner gets cheap & decides Trotz isn't worth it after winning the Cup as their head coach.

Caps have done jack feces in the post-season since Trotz was kicked to the curb.

Islanders meanwhile look like a completely different team with Trotz as head coach.

Coincidence?  I think not.

• Cheers 4

18 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Capitals owner gets cheap & decides Trotz isn't worth it after winning the Cup as their head coach.

Caps have done jack feces in the post-season since Trotz was kicked to the curb.

Islanders meanwhile look like a completely different team with Trotz as head coach.

That one was definitely a head scratcher. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I will never understand why he didn't resign Trotz. 

It seemed like he found a home in Washington and likewise with the Capitals finally fully delivering to their potential in the playoffs after all those years....

Bad time to try and cheap out on a coach, they crapped the bed on that. 

4 hours ago, sassbs said:

Tavares was and always will be a me first type of player. Always chasing stats and only in reg season.  

Kind of sad because he was once my favorite player.

Especially when he was in Junior and putting up those god-like numbers, also performing well for Canada at the World Jr's, he created lots of good memories for me. 

Then I saw just how dirty he did the Islanders and short-changed them before bolting off to his boyhood team. Changed my opinions on him.