The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres re-sign Casey Mittelstadt

3 minutes ago, Odjick_fan said:

Remember when almost everyone wanted this guy or glass and were so disappointed when JB picked petey lmao

Ehh. People wanted guys all over the board with that draft. There were a bunch of people who also wanted Vilardi, Rasmussen, Foote, Liljegren, Makar (in case he fell) etc. 

People weren't so much disappointed that Pettersson was the pick, they just thought they should have moved down to grab him. IIRC The only ones who predicted how good Pettersson would be was a Leafs fan blog.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

Ehh. People wanted guys all over the board with that draft. There were a bunch of people who also wanted Vilardi, Rasmussen, Foote, Liljegren, Makar (in case he fell) etc. 

People weren't so much disappointed that Pettersson was the pick, they just thought they should have moved down to grab him. IIRC The only ones who predicted how good Pettersson would be was a Leafs fan blog.

I seem to remember a small handful of people on this board being very happy with the Petterson pick. 

For the record, I 100% wanted Glass. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Odjick_fan said:

Remember when almost everyone wanted this guy or glass and were so disappointed when JB picked petey lmao

As a guy that wanted Glass, I was not disappointed with the Petey selection. Largely cause I didn't know much about him til after the draft. Which is on me for not doing more reading about prospects in that range.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

I seem to remember a small handful of people on this board being very happy with the Petterson pick. 

I remember that handful. In my recollection they were very happy after about a day of researching him.

I wanted Vilardi or Mittlestadt (despite the pull-up) - and was as pissed as everyone else until I had the same opportunity to spend more time realizing that Benning knocked it out of the park.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

I was fine with the pick, but wanted one of the Dmen.  
Heiskinen or Makar was who I really wanted.  
Pettersson wasn’t in my top 5…… but I’m dumb :P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Vanisleryan said:

7AFE306B-8623-455C-BA91-D942549489F6.jpeg

The reason he had trouble doing pullups was that he had a some sort of alignment issue with his shoulders. Once they treated that, he could do them like anyone else. You can see one shoulder higher than the other in that photo.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 3

On 9/3/2021 at 9:24 AM, drummerboy said:

I was fine with the pick, but wanted one of the Dmen.  
Heiskinen or Makar was who I really wanted.  
Pettersson wasn’t in my top 5…… but I’m dumb :P

This is a great thread.

Lots of posters admitting their shall we say shortcomings.

Takes courage to do this.

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

This is a great thread.

Lots of posters admitting their shall we say shortcomings.

Takes courage to do this.

In my defence, MH & CM are both absolute studs and would be pretty well fine with having instead of Petey, but yeah.  I see what you are saying!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 4:34 PM, RWMc1 said:

The reason he had trouble doing pullups was that he had a some sort of alignment issue with his shoulders. Once they treated that, he could do them like anyone else. You can see one shoulder higher than the other in that photo.

Thanks for pointing that out, never knew that. I couldn’t figure out how an athlete who trains as much as they do couldn’t do a single pull-up.

• Cheers 3