The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL, NHLPA announce COVID protocols for 2021-22 season

Rate this topic

A question, If all the off ice officials, staff, trainers, and FANS are to show proof of vaccination, how would an unvaccinated player from an opposing team or the Canucks be allowed into the building? Not just here in Vancouver, but, all teams with vaccine mandated protocol in place. I'm pretty sure the players will be 100% vaccinated by season opener.

6 hours ago, Outsiders said:

At least you have full protection and have nothing to worry about. A girl I went to high school with (I'm 22) refused to get vaxxed, got a variant and ended up in the hospital for 17 days.

I wouldn’t say “full protection” but I sure hoped not to be this sick. Fever is terrible; aches, sweats and chills. It sucks but maybe I would have been worse not vaccinated. 

I got the Pfizer then Moderna. Could mixing it have lessened my protection? I don’t know. I thought u was good but any of you vaccinated folks out there think the same you’re in for a nasty surprise.  

Edited by grandmaster

12 hours ago, grandmaster said:

I wouldn’t say “full protection” but I sure hoped not to be this sick. Fever is terrible; aches, sweats and chills. It sucks but maybe I would have been worse not vaccinated. 

I got the Pfizer then Moderna. Could mixing it have lessened my protection? I don’t know. I thought u was good but any of you vaccinated folks out there think the same you’re in for a nasty surprise.  

Yes my bad, according the the anti-vax experts, the only way to get full protection is through the horse dewormer!

• Thanks 1

I met someone yesterday that is convinced the government created the disease - or the rich people did - and that anyone who gets swabbed they now have their DNA for to try and kill some people off with the next Covid ... and that if you get the vaccine then your going to be tracked lol.   Wow that's some deep state stuff.    Also said the CAR military created the hurricane that devastated the coast so Biden didn't get too much news/crap for leaving the middle East.   How am i doing so far?   As far as Covid goes, at some point we just need to decide what is worse.   Ruining kids childhoods over it?  Not really.  Cratering fear?  Not really.   Double vaccinations stats are pretty good.   

• 2 weeks later...

now this is just MY opinion so glean from it what you will and don't shoot me for having an opinion.

IF any team can't produce enough players to safely play a game that game should not be postponed but should result in a forfeiture.

Going in the books as a 1-0 loss. Problem of having to reshuffle the schedule is now solved. 

Yes I know some players would be ticked off because their stats/bonuses could be affected, but so what...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

now this is just MY opinion so glean from it what you will and don't shoot me for having an opinion.

IF any team can't produce enough players to safely play a game that game should not be postponed but should result in a forfeiture.

Going in the books as a 1-0 loss. Problem of having to reshuffle the schedule is now solved. 

Yes I know some players would be ticked off because their stats/bonuses could be affected, but so what...

They can be replaced by folks in the minors. This will never be an issue. Thankfully, most NHL’ers are smart enough to agree with the vaccine mandates.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

They can be replaced by folks in the minors. This will never be an issue. Thankfully, most NHL’ers are smart enough to agree with the vaccine mandates.

except after the trade deadline... only set number of call-ups allowed 

2 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

except after the trade deadline... only set number of call-ups allowed 

Emergency recalls are unlimited - ie when the team is short of 18 skaters/2 goalies because they have too many players injured or ill. 

• Like 1

Speaking to Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff at the NHL’s media day in Chicago, Daly said the league expects “98 per cent” of players will be vaccinated and only “10-15 players” are expected to be unvaccinated.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/report-nhl-expects-98-per-cent-players-will-fully-vaccinated/