The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL, NHLPA announce COVID protocols for 2021-22 season

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, mll said:

If they had applied, they would probably have been more unvaccinated players.  

What are the consequences to players who don't follow the restrictive measure, while they're up here?  What if a non vaccinated player leaves their hotel,  or invites someone into their room, who isn't allowed?

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What are the consequences to players who don't follow the restrictive measure, while they're up here?  What if a non vaccinated player leaves their hotel,  or invites someone into their room, who isn't allowed?

From the protocol:

Established violations of, and/or lack of compliance with, the COVID-19 Protocol will result in significant Club and individual sanctions, including potential forfeiture of games, fines and reimbursements of expenses, loss of draft choices, and/or ineligibility for participation in training activities.

• Thanks 2

Columbus on Rinaldo - they will honour his salary but he will not be allowed to report to Cleveland.

"Our position has been very clear that our organization is committed to doing everything we can to ensure the health and safety of our players, coaches, staff and fans," said club General Manager and Alternate Governor Jarmo Kekalainen. "Given the impact COVID-19 continues to have in our communities, we believe the best course of action given Zac's vaccination status is to not have him report to Cleveland at this time. While we respect an individual's right to make a personal choice with regards to being vaccinated or not, we have a responsibility to do what we believe is best for our organization. We will honor Zac's contract, but if he wants to pursue any other opportunities to play this season we will allow him to do so."

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

All the more reason to boo him.

Gotta say I disagree here. If anything I’m cheering for him in this particular instance. Yes he didn’t want to do it, yes he felt forced into it, yes he waited way too long to do it, but in the end he got the vaccine and helped to protect his friends, family, coworkers and community. We shouldn’t criticize someone who came to the right conclusion regardless of how long it took them. Especially so when many others won’t ever get to the “I’ll do it under protest” point. The booing should be left to those like Wilde and Rinaldo who won’t get to yes in any form.

He’s still a dick and I’ll never forgive him for that Sedin hit, but regarding COVID he should be applauded.

6 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Gotta say I disagree here. If anything I’m cheering for him in this particular instance. Yes he didn’t want to do it, yes he felt forced into it, yes he waited way too long to do it, but in the end he got the vaccine and helped to protect his friends, family, coworkers and community. We shouldn’t criticize someone who came to the right conclusion regardless of how long it took them. Especially so when many others won’t ever get to the “I’ll do it under protest” point. The booing should be left to those like Wilde and Rinaldo who won’t get to yes in any form.

He’s still a dick and I’ll never forgive him for that Sedin hit, but regarding COVID he should be applauded.

I don't appreciate that he complained about the union not backing up him and the rest of the idiots though.  I understand that he doesn't give a damn about the health of other players, but that's low, even for that scumbag.

Hopefully he's in he ICU soon enough anyway thanks to Gadjovich.