The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jayce Hawryluk sign with Skellefteå (SHL)

ForzaTikare

• ForzaTikare changed the title to [Signing] Jayce Hawryluk sign with Skellefteå (SHL)
9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe it was just me, but I thought he was pretty effective in his role.  I guess it's the reality of borderline players in the NHL.

I'm surprised as well. Seemed he fit the fourth line energy role in the NHL. Maybe he wants to establish a career in Europe. Good for him, living the dream. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I'm a little surprised they didn't come to an agreement on a job in Abby. But good for him he landed somewhere. 

Well, playing for one of the top clubs in Sweden is probably better than a club with no history or fanatic fans. 
I would play there for less money. B)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Well, playing for one of the top clubs in Sweden is probably better than a club with no history or fanatic fans. 
I would play there for less money. B)

Hey I am not bashing Sweden in the least. I just thought JH might want to have a chance at playing in the NHL again at some point next year. 

Thought he played OK in his role, but thought Highmore was better

His injuries haven't helped his path to the NHL at all

Skellefteå put up a decent season and playoff last year and could use another top-6 forward. I think Tom Kuhnhackl also signed there this off-season, so they should be pretty competitive. Maybe if he can put together than injury-free season he'll find a NHL contract next year

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, if I had to choose between Sweden and Abbotsford it'd be a pretty simple choice. European living, beautiful country, beautiful women. I don't blame guys for not wanting to grind it out in the AHL. 

I dunno... I hear #worstcrewever is looking for a new leader. ;)

• Haha 1

Actually think for a player like him being a top 6 guy in SHL plus a nice living and the confidence boost is a better track to the NHL vs AHL. Might not be true for a younger player but in his case I think it's a good choice.