The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jake Virtanen signs with HC Spartak Moscow (KHL)

Google translation:

”HC Spartak Moscow and Canadian striker Jake Virtanen have signed a contract for one season.

Virtanen is the winner of the "gold" MFM and "bronze" of the junior world championship in the national team of Canada.

NHL - 333 league and playoff games, 103 points (57 + 46)”

• Vintage 1

Interesting that it's a one year deal. I imagine NHL teams won't touch him til his legal bit is wrapped up, so he's waiting to see where that goes. 

If he's cleared, whether people believe him or not, I could see an NHL team taking a chance on him in the future. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Interesting that it's a one year deal. I imagine NHL teams won't touch him til his legal bit is wrapped up, so he's waiting to see where that goes. 

If he's cleared, whether people believe him or not, I could see an NHL team taking a chance on him in the future. 

if cleared an NHL team will likely give him a 1yr contract offer or maybe he might have to accept a PTO and EARN an NHL contract...which would probably be the best thing for him to try and prolong his hockey career.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

https://en.khl.ru/clubs/spartak/team/

He shouldn't have any problem being the best player on this team. 

Alone in Russian; no family or friends.   :shock:

Khoklachev, Shirokov, and Petey’s brother are all far superior players in that league I would imagine. Can’t say I’m terribly familiar with the rest of their roster. 

17 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

if cleared an NHL team will likely give him a 1yr contract offer or maybe he might have to accept a PTO and EARN an NHL contract...which would probably be the best thing for him to try and prolong his hockey career.

I'm inclined to agree but time will tell 

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Khoklachev, Shirokov, and Petey’s brother are all far superior players in that league I would imagine. Can’t say I’m terribly familiar with the rest of their roster. 

Yep.  Jake gonna be a superstar in Moscow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!