The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jake Virtanen signs with HC Spartak Moscow (KHL)

3 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

Why did I think this happened ages ago? :huh: 

Got the notification from the score app and thought "wow they are really behind that, happened like last month" came on here and Vintage just posted it. 

I have officially "lost it"

There was a rumour last week that he was offered a contract with SKA St. Petersburg, but instead he ended up signing with the HC Spartak Moscow today.

Just now, rekker said:

Saw Jake this last week skating with the NHLers at CNC here in Ktown. He looked out of shape. His pro career is hanging by a thread and he looks out of shape. Good luck Jake, your gonna need it. 

I figured Jake would show up in Moscow overweight and badly out of shape.  I could be wrong, but I don’t think those KHL contracts are guaranteed, are they?  Jake might get sent packing pretty quick once his coaches witness his act.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

Saw Jake this last week skating with the NHLers at CNC here in Ktown. He looked out of shape. His pro career is hanging by a thread and he looks out of shape. Good luck Jake, your gonna need it. 

Alcoholism and a lack of respect for women. That's a bad combo.

We tried to make him into a player and he didn't have the motivation to be better; In any way from the sounds of it. You'd think getting bought out and having to go to Russia would finally wake him up.

I backed him for a long time, but another 7 women bringing forward complaints was the final straw for me. One person's word against another is one thing but not that many. I think he deserves an emoji way more than Loui does.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

We tried to make him into a player and he didn't have the motivation to be better; In any way from the sounds of it. You'd think getting bought out and having to go to Russia would finally wake him up.

I backed him for a long time, but another 7 women bringing forward complaints was the final straw for me. One person's word against another is one thing but not that many. I think he deserves an emoji way more than Loui does.

just playing a little Devil's Advocate

but considering he is a member of THE WORST CREW EVER

its not hard to imagine the women involved are not far off.

I would not be surprized if others in the CREW were also kinda rapey, but lack the funds to make it worth fighting for

did we ever get backstory on why whathisnoodle called Jake's crew WCE?

oh dear, the WCE just found a new meaning, sorry

• RoughGame 1

20 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

If Jake suffers from alcoholism, and by some reports cocaine addiction, why are the Canucks, as an organisation, so bad at detecting the situation.

they should hire me, I can spot an alchy a mile away

or better yet they should get a retired police dog to hang around the locker room

poof, problem solved 7 years ago

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, lmm said:

just playing a little Devil's Advocate

but considering he is a member of THE WORST CREW EVER

its not hard to imagine the women involved are not far off.

I would not be surprized if others in the CREW were also kinda rapey, but lack the funds to make it worth fighting for

did we ever get backstory on why whathisnoodle called Jake's crew WCE?

oh dear, the WCE just found a new meaning, sorry

That is a despicable opinion. More victim blaming.

Many women are under the mistaken impression that they can change someone. Not only that but many men act very nicely towards someone that they're attracted to. They don't show their true colours until they have them under some form of control.