The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver - Ottawa Blockbuster

13 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Quit trolling then

Not trolling anyone bro, just posted to see how people would react to the Canucks getting Tkachuk and Stützle 

Seems like a lot of people get real butt hurt over fictional trades that don’t mean anything unless you allow it to mean something lol

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble

28 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Not trolling anyone bro, just posted to see how people would react to the Canucks getting Tkachuk and Stützle 

Seems like a lot of people get real butt hurt over fictional trades that don’t mean anything unless you allow it to mean something lol

Here is one i'd do.   Brady, Stutzle and Chabot, for Podz, QHs and Hoglander.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Many on Capfriendly are saying the opposite 

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/511832

Just so I have this straight...you started this topic here at Canucks.com AND at capfriendly.com...and you cite each forum in the other one to support your argument...interesting strategy there.

You should run for Prime Minister, and make a law that the only people who can vote are ones that will vote for you...you might actually win! (See TRUMP2020 for example)

• RoughGame 1

5 hours ago, ABNuck said:

Just so I have this straight...you started this topic here at Canucks.com AND at capfriendly.com...and you cite each forum in the other one to support your argument...interesting strategy there.

You should run for Prime Minister, and make a law that the only people who can vote are ones that will vote for you...you might actually win! (See TRUMP2020 for example)

Ok Woodward and Bernstein, thank you for your expose on my plan to ask people about hockey trades 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

Players are a little younger - both also excelled as 18 year olds.   OTT fans are probably saying the exact same thing right back to us. 

At this point in time Petey is the most valuable part of this trade. Maybe in time that changes, maybe it doesnt, but as of right now this absolutely isn't a trade we make. 

I will counter with:

Tkachuk (signed to an $7.5x 8 year extension)

Logan Brown

Unprotected 1st

for

Petterson

Juolevi

MacEwan

Leaving us with a forward lineup of:

Tkachuk-Horvat-Garland

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Sutter-Brown-Motte

… I take that if Peterson’s demands for a lo mg term contract are in the $9-10+ million range

You're undervaluing Stutzle and Tkachuk.

Brady is a premier power-forward in the NHL, you'd have to think he's worth more than what the Bruins got for Lucic in that trade with the Kings. Then there's Stutzle, who was a 3OV pick. Seriously, that &^@#ing guy is going to be just as good as Pettersson too. Hoglander looks like a strong top four forward, I know people don't say "top four" usually when it comes to forwards but that's how all the good teams are built. 

Look at Colorado with MacKinnon, Rantanen, Kadri and Burakovsky, with Makar also contributing on the offense. There's Tampa Bay, who just lost a key guy in Johnson but they've still got a good top four of Point, Cirelli, Stamkos and Kucherov, with honorable mention going to Palat, who they will lose next summer. 

Now look at our team: We've got Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat/Miller and Garland/Hoglander with a plethora of youth coming in. The defense will have a new identity with Hughes slotting down to the second pairing. They're relying on a guy who could be past his prime, it's a gamble, but you need to build around the core instead of trading everybody just because it worked in a video game. OEL is the best answer that we could find to this teams woes. What are we gonna do? Sign Chara to play with Hughes?