The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kyle Burroughs | #44 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

On 10/19/2021 at 2:36 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Wish Travis Green and Nolan Baumgartner would do a better job at load management on the blueline and give Rathbone and Burroughs some more minutes.

I know he is trying to protect this pairing, but they have shown through 3 games they have been very reliable in getting the puck up quick and playing simple and safe hockey. Hughes' and OEL's pairing cannot be logging 25+ minutes a night without potential injuries occurring. 

I've really liked Burroughs just keeping his game simple and steady. Thats all we need from a third pairing guy. 

Think Rathbone needs to be brought along and sheltered for a bit yet.  He looks a lot like Hughes out there on the blue line, but he is more prone to gaffes under pressure and should not be rushed.  

he is doing a

great btw.  So is 44.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Curious,.  Can Rathbone go to Abby without being subjected to Waivers?

26 years old and 11 NHL games. Don't know the regs but it looks like he could be sent down without having to waive. I wouldn't do it tho. 

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

26 years old and 11 NHL games. Don't know the regs but it looks like he could be sent down without having to waive. I wouldn't do it tho. 

Who would you replace him with .... and don't say Hunt, he's 33 year old  puck watcher.

Edited by Fred65
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

4 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Yes

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Who would you replace him with .... and don't say Hunt, he's a puck watcher.

With Hamonic on the return,. If there is a way to rotate Burroughs and Rathbone in and out of the Abby lineup ( every 3 games) to give them top ice time?  
it’s just a thought.

But Burroughs might have to clear,..  I don’t want to see us lose him.

If Hamonic comes back without any other injuries to our d-core, I'd like to see Burroughs stay on the bottom pairing. Rathbone's youth is wasted as a #7 guy, so I'd like him sent to Abbotsford to work on his all-around game. I'm not sure on the pairings, but we'd have Poolman, Burroughs, Myers, and Hamonic as right shots, so one pairing would need two right shots. I'd suggest the following:

Hughes-Hamonic

OEL-Myers

Burroughs-Poolman

Schenn

That d-core actually looks pretty solid to me.

• Cheers 3

Burroughs is a keeper.   Would be an absolute gong show if he was waived based on his play so far. 

Rathbone is waiver friendly, so send him down when Hamonic gets back.  

Having a surplus of RHD who can log NHL minutes is never a problem.  

Rathbone has some work to benefit from in the AHL.  Would be awesome to have him and Woo develop some Chemistry in the Abbey until Injuries open up some more games.  

Rathbone is a quality intelligent player, if he was sent down at this moment, he would use it in the best way, as motivation.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, -AJ- said:

If Hamonic comes back without any other injuries to our d-core, I'd like to see Burroughs stay on the bottom pairing. Rathbone's youth is wasted as a #7 guy, so I'd like him sent to Abbotsford to work on his all-around game. I'm not sure on the pairings, but we'd have Poolman, Burroughs, Myers, and Hamonic as right shots, so one pairing would need two right shots. I'd suggest the following:

Hughes-Hamonic

OEL-Myers

Burroughs-Poolman

Schenn

That d-core actually looks pretty solid to me.

Beyond Solid when you have Demko in net and our forward group still getting the kinks out.  

That goal last night with Chaisain (sp?) and Petey on the PP is almost unstoppable and reminded me of Detroit back when Holmstrom used to kill us with he deflection goals or screens.  

He is getting one hell of a shot to stick on that line… Bo is already a force.  Fantastic goal, Garland is awesome.  Total gamer.  But more entertaining less complete asshole.  

Myers has been looking solid, OEL… just why exactly did every talking head think he was all washed up?  Because he and the system being played down there worked… because he had a solid team to play with… no, because had a larger contract.  But his skating and brain still worked.  He is fairly physical when he needs to be but a smart player who can skate all night.  His shot still works, his passing is really effective.  Haven’t seen much of any gaffes from OEL, so what was all the nay saying about?  

Hughes has less on his shoulders and it has been good for him.  

Poolman is doing a bit too much, needs to think short pass Taney, not long breakout pass… or just a bad idea last night or yesterday morning… , but $&!# happens.  

Demko is like watching Gumby out there or those used car lot blow up figures.  

He has great movement in net.  Not going to make every save, but he could.  On any given night.   

Miller, Brock and Petey haven’t even hit their stride yet and Podz is just getting his feet wet.  Hogz is going soak up Garlands game.  

Tough road loss at home… Bo pretty much pulled to whole team into it with his goal.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...