The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brady Keeper | D

-Vintage Canuck-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 5:08 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Brady Keeper - will be a sophomore at University of Maine. Skilled and tough offensive dman with size. Late bloomer who I feel will make a really good pro. It may not be easy to get him to sign after this season as he may want to finish school before going pro.

I think Brady Keeper 25, 6'2, RD very gritty could be a surprise at training camp..This was a article back in 2018..Keeper was having a great camp this past Sept until he broke his leg.. I sure hope he comes back with fire and plays very aggressive.We need more tough D man... Go Keeper Go
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cornerwise said:

Dries was as well...

Going by definition only Petan and Podkolzin were papered down - they stayed physically in Vancouver and it was simply a paper transaction to ensure they were on the AHL roster at the TDL so they could be playoff eligible.  Those transactions used up 2 of the 4 regular recalls available past the TDL.  

Dries was already on the AHL roster at the TDL and played games in the AHL past that date.  He was brought up later for a few games as well as Lockwood - initially on emergency basis but then converted into regular recalls (using the final 2 available).

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mll said:

Going by definition only Petan and Podkolzin were papered down - they stayed physically in Vancouver and it was simply a paper transaction to ensure they were on the AHL roster at the TDL so they could be playoff eligible.  Those transactions used up 2 of the 4 regular recalls available past the TDL.  

Dries was already on the AHL roster at the TDL and played games in the AHL past that date.  He was brought up later for a few games as well as Lockwood - initially on emergency basis but then converted into regular recalls (using the final 2 available).

You are correct. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

Sounds like he will be ready for when the season in Abby starts.... I expect that is where he will wind up as he has no NHL experience.

If he has better mobility than Schenn he could be an insurance option as a depth 7/8 guy at the NHL level. Or if we deal Schenn at TDL Keeper get the call up to show what he can do at the NHL level. Played in the NHL already, albeit minimally

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

If he has better mobility than Schenn he could be an insurance option as a depth 7/8 guy at the NHL level. Or if we deal Schenn at TDL Keeper get the call up to show what he can do at the NHL level. Played in the NHL already, albeit minimally

He has played in the NHL but two game 3 yrs. apart is not a player that is likely NHL ready any time soon.

6 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

He has played in the NHL but two game 3 yrs. apart is not a player that is likely NHL ready any time soon.

Missing an entire season with a broken leg doesn't help either, guys gonna need some time in Abby

9 hours ago, CR7 said:

Missing an entire season with a broken leg doesn't help either, guys gonna need some time in Abby

My guess is that he will spend the entire season in Abby and management will make a decision on him by February as to whether he is possibly worth re-signing or whether to cut bait once his contract is up. How it turns out is mostly up to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Though he may be a long shot, I wouldn't count Keeper out.  He's got the heart of a lion.  There's always room on an NHL roster for a player/person like Brady Keeper.

Oh; I'm not counting him out. I just think he will need a year in Abby to get back up to speed. Really hard to tell how much he can regain after so much time off.

• 1 month later...