The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jaroslav Halak | #41 | G

-Vintage Canuck-

I've been a fan of Halak ever since he almost stole Carey Prices job long long ago in Montreal. He's always been a good goalie. I'm thinking this is a guy that Mikey DiPietro can look up to as well. He's going to learn a ton off of him and his playing style since they are comparable stature wise.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I've been a fan of Halak ever since he almost stole Carey Prices job long long ago in Montreal. He's always been a good goalie. I'm thinking this is a guy that Mikey DiPietro can look up to as well. He's going to learn a ton off of him and his playing style since they are comparable stature wise.

I was one of those who felt Montreal should've kept Halak over Price at the time. Price has probably been the better goaltender since then, but both have had great careers.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I was one of those who felt Montreal should've kept Halak over Price at the time. Price has probably been the better goaltender since then, but both have had great careers.

Same! I agree, both have had great careers. I personally think Halak is the best 1B goalie out there right now. Low maintenance, does his thing. I mean his career average is just so tight across all those years. Just a steady goalie. I used to love Manny Legace for the same reason back in the day. 

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, beni said:

I had hoped they could have gotten Halak last year, I think he will be a great backup for Demko and will be a good mentor.

Like Miller for Markstrom 

I would have liked Halak over Holtby. We can hope for better results and a financial benefit to over last season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

He looked great last night. He looked like we all hope Holtby would look.

I liked his in game adjustment. The 2 goals they scored on him, they kept trying to go back to those spots, but Halak learned and closed the gaps off. Honestly i've never noticed that in him, lots of goalies get rattled and keep letting pucks in. Halak just adjusts on the fly and closes things off. It was very impressive to watch. He is a super smart goalie.

9 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

He looked great last night. He looked like we all hope Holtby would look.

As good as he looked, it was just one game. Holtby had some very good games with us too--his problem was consistency.

• 1 month later...

NHL News Updates

According to Canucks insider Thomas Drance goaltender Jaroslav Halak has decided that he doesn’t want to sit on the bench anymore when designated as the “Backup goaltender” and has decided to watch the games in the tunnel on TV.

i dont know how much truth theres it to this article.... hopefully that ain’t  the case

Edited by KnuckleHead16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...