The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators Brady Tkachuk offer 64 m 8 year contract.

aznmonk

This is an example of how/why salaries have escalated even during a flat-cap period.  All it takes is one GM/Owner with money in their pocket,  room under the cap, and no other ways to draw fans into the arena.   If this report is actually true,  agents like EP's now have a new 'minimum' starting point in negotiating and it'll only go up from there. 

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This is an example of how/why salaries have escalated even during a flat-cap period.  All it takes is one GM/Owner with money in their pocket,  room under the cap, and no other ways to draw fans into the arena.   If this report is actually true,  agents like EP's now have a new 'minimum' starting point in negotiating and it'll only go up from there. 

If this report was true, why hasn’t BT signed?  Term plays a big factor in yearly amount.

EP will get between 7.5 and 8.5 depending on term.  

4 hours ago, drummerboy said:

I’d be stoked if Petey signed that.   
In a year or two, he will probably be worth more, so I doubt he takes it.  

That's partially why I think he takes a 2 year bridge right now. Allows the Canucks to get clear of the Luongo recapture etc, and for the cap to start moving up again. 

• Like 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Rumour] Senators Brady Tkachuk offer 64 m 8 year contract.

Petey at 8 mil seems a bit low from EP's view as he is likely to become 10 mil player in a few seasons. But Petey at 10 mil is too much for the Canucks to pay at the moment.

On a long term 8 year deal, I think EP should be considered to be on the same echelon as Cale Makar and a fair deal for a long term is 9 mil per year. But even 9 mil feels it's little too much for the Canucks right now.

Best deal for the Canucks is a 3-year term bridge deal so that we can contend during those years. Maybe win a cup like Toewes and Kane did in Chicago or at the least, go to the WCF. We've got the depth to challenge for the cup once EP and QH hits their strides and as Hog and Podz looking like serious playoff players.

If EP wants to win, bridge deal is what he should sign. But as CDC resident psychologist @Timråfan pointed out, EP doesn't want to do the team any favour, even if it means the team is not going to win if he signs that back breaking 9, 10 mil contract.

And since JB is ruthless (as he has ruthlessly kicked off Dahlen, Stecher, Markstrom, Tanev, and Toffoli off of the team), I think JB doesn't budge and get him on a bridge deal. At this point, I don't see EP pulling a Nylander, if he did, I wouldn't mind trading him off of the team despite him being my favourite Canuck at the moment.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, khay said:

Petey at 8 mil seems a bit low from EP's view as he is likely to become 10 mil player in a few seasons. But Petey at 10 mil is too much for the Canucks to pay at the moment.

On a long term 8 year deal, I think EP should be considered to be on the same echelon as Cale Makar and a fair deal for a long term is 9 mil per year. But even 9 mil feels it's little too much for the Canucks right now.

Best deal for the Canucks is a 3-year term bridge deal so that we can contend during those years. Maybe win a cup like Toewes and Kane did in Chicago or at the least, go to the WCF. We've got the depth to challenge for the cup once EP and QH hits their strides and as Hog and Podz looking like serious playoff players.

If EP wants to win, bridge deal is what he should sign. But as CDC resident psychologist @Timråfan pointed out, EP doesn't want to do the team any favour, even if it means the team is not going to win if he signs that back breaking 9, 10 mil contract.

And since JB is ruthless (as he has ruthlessly kicked off Dahlen, Stecher, Markstrom, Tanev, and Toffoli off of the team), I think JB doesn't budge and get him on a bridge deal. At this point, I don't see EP pulling a Nylander, if he did, I wouldn't mind trading him off of the team despite him being my favourite Canuck at the moment.

Petey has no problem with the team… Learn to read before you write. 
And it’s amateure psychologist. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Once Tkachuk signs for $8M, watch Ottawa offersheet EP $10M. 

:(:frantic::P

you forgot they will also offer sheet Hughes too at $8M.... just because they got the cap room to screw us!

AND... if the above happens, what are we gonna do with over $13M of cap space? LOL... all the good FA's are already taken.... anyways, just having a bit of fun at fantasy cap world

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

If this report was true, why hasn’t BT signed?

My gut feeling is that he doesn't want to get locked into being stuck in Ottawa for the next 8 years - even if he does get overpaid for part/most of his contract there. 

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

you forgot they will also offer sheet Hughes too at $8M.... just because they got the cap room to screw us!

AND... if the above happens, what are we gonna do with over $13M of cap space? LOL... all the good FA's are already taken.... anyways, just having a bit of fun at fantasy cap world

Hughes can't be offer sheeted.