The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Who is your FAVOURITE current Vancouver Canucks hockey player?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Who is your FAVOURITE current Vancouver Canucks hockey player?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am gonna rank players by tiers.

Tier 1: Bo Horvat

Tier 2: Elias Pettersson, Brock Boeser, Quinn Hughes, JT Miller and Thatcher Demko

Tier 3: Nils Hoglander, Tyler Motte

Tier 4: Vasili Podkolzin, Tanner Pearson

Tier 5: Brandon Sutter, Tyler Myers, Travis Hamonic

Recent departures:

Tanev, Edler, Markstrom, Toffoli and Stecher all belongs to tier 2

Adam Gaudette on tier 4 before he got traded. The 2019-20 season Gaudette was Tier 3 but he dropped to Tier 4 base in the 2021 season. Also please don’t bring up unconfirmed rumours as I don’t think it is fair to slam a guy down with these hearsays. I strongly recommend reading Gaudette’s wife’s recent journal/update about what they went through the last few months.

Schmidt, Holtby, Beagle, Roussel and Player Name. Please GTFO from the team tier. Yes it isn’t fair to group Beagle and Roussel with the 3 names. But they are overpaid and genuinely good guys. But when you have to watch some former tier 2 players leave because of their contract, I just can’t like them anymore. Player Name is just Player Name. Schmidt and Holtby does not get along with the locker room and the room was very divided last year and they have their own little clique. For that they deserve to be on the GTFO tier.

Lastly… Virtanen gets his own tier. I am beyond disappointed with this guy. Even when I know he won’t be a bonafide top 6 player, I was still rooting for him to be a regular NHLer. I can’t root for him anymore due to those allegations. Yes, one should be innocent until proven guilty but given his history I am just too disappointed and I am glad he had moved on. He doesn’t even deserve to be on the GTFO tier.

I left our guys like Dickinson, Garland, OEL, Halak etc. as they all haven’t played a game as a Canuck yet. I have also excluded guys like Highmore who IMO just haven’t played enough games for me to decide which tier to be in. I know it isn’t fair that I included Podkolzin but I can’t take him out. Everything I learn and read about this guy is just fantastic: Vasili Podkolzin and Nils Hoglander can move up to as high as tier 2 pending on the events of this season.

Edited by ruilin96
  • Upvote 1

Petey for me, then Boeser, Demko, and Huggy.

He's great offensively and defensively and has a lot of confidence to deliver in the playoffs. He could become a premier player in this league, maybe a top 5 player in the NHL during his prime years and we will be winning cups.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting question. Not who is the best, who is the most talented, but who is my favourite.

Because it seems logical to pick Petey or Hughes or Bo.  But if I'm honest with myself....I gotta pick Miller.

He just ticks all the boxes.  Not only does he score goals and put up points, he stands up for team mates, and I like that he gets p'd off and shows emotion, and not afraid to speak up, despite the local media tsk tsking it.  He leads by example and should have an A on his sweater at least.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Hard NOT to pick him...can't help but love a guy who is SO all in.  People take his moods as a bad thing...he wears his heart on his sleeve.  Sure, gets easily deflated but that's only because he loves to win...like Petey.  His energy is infectious.

image.png

I literally was just googling this picture.

He's my pick

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Petey no doubt. Bo and Huggy Bear are a close second favourite to me but Petey has to be my most favourite current Canuck. He’s always looking to make things happen every time he’s out on the ice and wants to be a difference maker. I’m excited to see how he will bounce back after a injury ridden campaign

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Can't decide on just one.  Nope.

That's how i felt too.  So went who is the most important player on the team instead - why Demko came up.   Plus he's the only one i've met in person - he's a tall dude and rocks a funny suit.  EP is the most exciting player - or QHs...Horvat i would have voted for but like to see a little more from him ... tough. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I also really like Oliver Demgarkinson.

I was going to vote Myers lol...i actually really love having him on the team ... i loved having Ryan Walter on the team too.  Babych was one of my favourites too.   Diduck was awesome.   Even liked Murzyn even though it was painfully obvious he couldn't skate or fight well.    Pre-cap - nobody whined or cared one lick about who we had on the team. They either identified with them or they were just Canucks and that was always cool anyways.   Point is - take cap out of the equation and all of that...the little guys matter too.   Stecher, Motte types.  Im pretty sure you get that even with the cap added.  I love all the guys too. 

• Cheers 1