The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Who is your FAVOURITE current Vancouver Canucks hockey player?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Who is your FAVOURITE current Vancouver Canucks hockey player?  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hoagie for me.  He is just riveting when on the ice .. when he has the puck, good things happen and when he doesn't,  you just know he soon will have it on his stick.  Like many here though, Paws might become my new favorite.

(ofc while "every vote counts", my opinion is likely worthless as I quite liked Voldemort)

Edited by Googlie

This is hard, because my favorite players keep leaving, it was Bieksa and Burrows, then Markey and Edler.  

This season I'm cheering for OJ, I really want him to succeed and hope he gets every opportunity to prove he's an NHL defenseman.  My favorite player is Bo, the heart and soul of the team, willing lay it on the line to win, even setting his offensive game aside for the good of the team.  He has a lot of Trevor Linden in him, leadership, guts, heart, and finish when he gets the chance.  I'm hoping Gadj makes the team soon, because he has favorite player written all over him.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 12:09 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sadly Canucks fans, turn on players a lot it seems. 

Two years ago fans where raving about JT Miller. Now there's trade proposals for him all the time. 

Jake took a lot of flak, now that he's gone it will be interesting to see who CDC claims as the new whipping boy.

I'm going to bet it's Myers or OEL. 

Both ... and Poolman. #whippingtrio

There's a lot to like on this years roster.  I chose Petey but only as long as he's signed soon.  If he holds out too long then I'm moving on to any of the approximately 6-8 players that are high on my list.  Hoglander, Boeser, Horvat, Demko, Miller and Hughes are all in the running.  OEL could potentially be my new favourite depending on how he adjusts to his new home.  Podkolzin, should he live up to the hopes of Canucks fans, could also be a new favourite.  Edit to add: Garland could also move well up the list based on his work ethic and reputation.

Edited by RogersTowell

I haven’t really picked a new favorite since Tanev left. I loved Tanev. 

At the last Canucks game I attended shortly before Covid started, I bought a Hughes jersey. I really like Hughes a lot and long term he’s probably my guy. I really genuinely like Tyler Motte a lot though. I’m pretty torn between those two. I think Motte and Hughes are probably a 1A and 1B type of thing for me, followed closely by Bo, Demko, Petey, Hoglander, Myers, Miller, Pearson, and basically every player on the team. I love my Canucks. 

• Cheers 1

Minor point of order here chaps, not sure if already mentioned but the OP suggested that this is a debate. You cannot debate who someone's favourite player is, since it's only an opinion...this is simply a poll. A debate would be "who is the best current player". Anyways, thanks Mr. Buzzkill for that and you're welcome.

And my fav right now is JT...voted...

1 minute ago, ABNuck said:

Minor point of order here chaps, not sure if already mentioned but the OP suggested that this is a debate. You cannot debate who someone's favourite player is, since it's only an opinion...this is simply a poll. A debate would be "who is the best current player". Anyways, thanks Mr. Buzzkill for that and you're welcome.

And my fav right now is JT...voted...

I disagree with your pick of JT Miller and wish to debate you on the subject.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I disagree with your pick of JT Miller and wish to debate you on the subject.

Well played fine sir, well played.

[slow claps as he walks down the hallway to the bathroom, Hockey News neatly folded under arm]

• Haha 1