The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Oilers - Rangers blockbuster

Draisaitl for Adam Fox. One for one. 

edmonton gets a legit stud D-man. Rangers finally get a real #1C to play with Panarin. 

edmonton has McDavid and Nuge so they are still okay at centr depth after this trade. 

New York has Trouba, lunqvisk, Schneider, Robertson etc. On the right side D. It’s probably their deepest position. Can they afford to give up Fox to improve up front?

who says no? Who wins?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Edmonton is lacking good depth and their goaltending is a suspect so one player is not going to fix their problem but I think Edmonton wins the trade.

The recent trend seems to indicate that you need a superstar two way beast of a forward (Selke calibre) + two way Norris caliber defenceman + depth wins the cup.

Getting Fox gets them a Norris winner, adding to Hart winner. IMO, McDavid's commitment to play defence needs to reach Crosby's level even if he sacrifices some of his offence to do so. 

2 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Draisaitl for Adam Fox. One for one. 

edmonton gets a legit stud D-man. Rangers finally get a real #1C to play with Panarin. 

edmonton has McDavid and Nuge so they are still okay at centr depth after this trade. 

New York has Trouba, lunqvisk, Schneider, Robertson etc. On the right side D. It’s probably their deepest position. Can they afford to give up Fox to improve up front?

who says no? Who wins?

For Draisaitl it would be closer to Fox and Strome 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

Draisaitl is worth more than Fox by a long-shot.

Idk what you guys are talking about 

Yeah but #1RD is probably going to help them more than a 100pt center who doesn't bring it on both ends of the ice especially since they already have a 150 pt scoring center (McDavid was projected to score 153 points in a full season).

Nurse-Fox pairing will eat up 30+ minutes in the playoffs.

If Klefbom ever returns to health and/or Bouchard and Broberg develops well, they will a top 4D that can contend.

Getting scoring help and bottom 6 depth up front is relatively easier than getting a #1RD who already has a Norris under his belt.

Edmonton, if they ever wise up and see that they need depth and get someone Fox + Strome (2nd line C) for Leon, could become deeper since they wouldn't leave a gaping hole at #2 C in something like this.  I think the Rangers themselves would improve, so I could see this as the foundation of a blockbuster but in all honesty NYR probably adds.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, khay said:

Yeah but #1RD is probably going to help them more than a 100pt center who doesn't bring it on both ends of the ice especially since they already have a 150 pt scoring center (McDavid was projected to score 153 points in a full season).

Nurse-Fox pairing will eat up 30+ minutes in the playoffs.

If Klefbom ever returns to health and/or Bouchard and Broberg develops well, they will a top 4D that can contend.

Getting scoring help and bottom 6 depth up front is relatively easier than getting a #1RD who already has a Norris under his belt.

Draisaitl and McDavid are like Jordan and Pippen. You don't split them up unless they have to. They'e got Yamamoto, RNH, Puljujarvi and Foegele, they're a good young team and they've got Evan Bouchard, who could be just as good as Adam Fox. This thread is bunk. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Draisaitl and McDavid are like Jordan and Pippen. You don't split them up unless they have to. They'e got Yamamoto, RNH, Puljujarvi and Foegele, they're a good young team and they've got Evan Bouchard, who could be just as good as Adam Fox. This thread is bunk. 

You never watched them play. If you did, you wouldn't compare one of the greatest two-way duos in the history of NBA to McDavid and Draisaitl.

Offensively, yes but no f*cking way McDavid comes anywhere near Jordan on the defensive side.

Sure, they may get there one day but will they?

I'm not so high on Evan Bouchard. He may become a serviceable top 4 but Norris caliber? Not so sure about that.

12 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

I would suggest you watch the last dance if you think McDavid and Draisaitl are Jordan and Pippen because McDavid and Draisaitl aren't even Malone and Stockton yet.

McDavid and Draisaitl have not won anything except 2 rounds in the playoffs like 3 or 4 years ago, so hit the breaks before comparing them to 2 players that ruled their league in the playoffs for almost a decade with 6 rings and 2 Eastern conference final losses before winning in 91-92

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

It was just an analogy. 

'I got it.    Jordan was the Gretzky of Basketball...so i guess Pippen is Kurri lol..So get some might overreact - that said when's the last time a team had two 100 point guys on it?  Probably Jagr and Mario without checking.  

If Draisaitl were on any other team I'd say hard no to this for Edmonton. But since he's essentially a 2C, who sometimes loads up with McDavid when needed, this wouldn't be bad value wise. Although Adam Fox is not gonna be happy in Edmonton. He got traded twice because it was clear he wanted to be in NY, he didn't even wanna sign in Carolina and at least they are in the US. I would not trade for him, even if he had a long term deal. Cause there's a very good chance he'll be unhappy here in Canada and his play will drop off a cliff as a result.