The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-season Game 1: Canucks @ Kraken 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Wait a week, then sign up for the FuboTV one week free trial. - it carries RootTV streams.

(I get it thru my US Time Warner TV package -  I guess because Palm Springs will have a lot of Kraken fans, especially after their farm team settles there next season.)

Brilliant. Thank you sir. You are a scholar and a gentleman.

1 hour ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Too many pre season games, competition is high and risk of injury is great in games that don’t matter yet 

last year was crazy with all the dirty plays 

Especially as guys try to prove themselves and fight for spots.

Edmonton Oilers defenceman prospect Dmitri Samorukov is expected to miss the next six weeks after breaking his jaw Saturday night against the Calgary Flames, the team announced on Sunday. 

24 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Wait a week, then sign up for the FuboTV one week free trial. - it carries RootTV streams.

(I get it thru my US Time Warner TV package -  I guess because Palm Springs will have a lot of Kraken fans, especially after their farm team settles there next season.)

Hmm, after taking a closer look, it doesn’t look like Root is available on the Canadian FuboTV. Just the US FuboTV.

Back to the drawing board.

Not to be overconfident, but I think even without Pettersson and Hughes, the Canucks are a very good team. They added some good players, added depth, and I think the attitude has changed. Bringing in the Sedins and Brad Shaw, having the farm team "down the road", kind of. I also think Schmidt, Holtby and Virtanen weren't good fits here and there were distractions. That's gone, along with Loui and his bloated contract. Feels like a new chapter in Canucks lore. Podkolzin is here, let's go!!!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not to be overconfident, but I think even without Pettersson and Hughes, the Canucks are a very good team. They added some good players, added depth, and I think the attitude has changed. Bringing in the Sedins and Brad Shaw, having the farm team "down the road", kind of. I also think Schmidt, Holtby and Virtanen weren't good fits here and there were distractions. That's gone, along with Loui and his bloated contract. Feels like a new chapter in Canucks lore. Podkolzin is here, let's go!!!

Petey and Hughes will be here. However, if they aren't 

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Motte-Dickinson-Podkolzin 

Highmore-Sutter-MacEwen

OEL-Poolman

Rathbone-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers 

Certainly both positions are weaker but again, they will be here. I have definitely seen worse lineups so I feel we would do alright if we were missing them for a few games. I'd say Quinn missing time probably hurts us a lot more than Petey tho.

• -DLC- featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
On 9/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, Outsiders said:

Petey and Hughes will be here. However, if they aren't 

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Motte-Dickinson-Podkolzin 

Highmore-Sutter-MacEwen

OEL-Poolman

Rathbone-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers 

Certainly both positions are weaker but again, they will be here. I have definitely seen worse lineups so I feel we would do alright if we were missing them for a few games. I'd say Quinn missing time probably hurts us a lot more than Petey tho.

No Motte to start.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, -DLC- said:

It'll happen soon enough.

And I'm focused on the fact that WE HAVE HOCKEY NEXT WEEKEND!   I'm already pumped...seeing Podz here.  Brock's fired up.  Bo.  Hoglander.  Stoked to see what Garland and OEL will bring.  JT.   Etc.  So much reason to be happy/excited about the season.

Hell to the yeah.  Something like that.  :towel:

Ahhh Deb, the diehard, wait new Nick for you? Diehard hockey Deb? something like that lol  

Yeah I think JB is getting a handle on running things a lot better these days and seems to have found a balance of skill and enough grit which was an eventual thing that he had to learn but not a lot GM's get it right ever.

However I'm as stoked as you are and mark my words, we're a lot better than last year! 

I bet I'll hear you yell from here at our first goal scored!  good on ya! ;)