The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Training camp thread always one of the most exciting threads on CDC. Thanks for providing updates @-Vintage Canuck-

This is the most excited I've been about a Canucks team that I can remember in a training camp and I watched Don Lever play so there's a hint lol BUT damn this team is getting there! GCG! Ty JB...  the haters? F em all!!! ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, iceman64 said:

This is the most excited I've been about a Canucks team that I can remember in a training camp and I watched Don Lever play so there's a hint lol BUT damn this team is getting there! GCG! Ty JB...  the haters? F em all!!! ;)

Please use condomes in these days... 

• Wat 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

18 hours ago, wildcam said:

Rathbone #6 will make the the team..

Juolevi #7

Bowey#8

Schenn #9

Hunt #10

Raathbone will turn heads...Too skilled to send down

I'm glad everyone is so high on Rathbone! 

However, that seems like a bad idea to have Juolevi as #7 even though I understand Rathbone might be NHL ready right now according to many forum posters. 

I think putting either of our young Dman as a #7 and not playing much is a big waste of development. Our D has quite a bit of offense already on the left, so I'd lean towards having Juolevi as our #6 and letting Rathbone have one more season as the top guy in the AHL. 

Only due to Juolevi being older and I think his defensive ability is better. But regardless I don't want either sitting much this season they both need to play. 

• Cheers 1

On 9/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Could there be a player not many are considering to make the team? I've heard that Brad Hunt could be that guy, more of a veteran presence. 

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

Hunt - Poolman

Schenn

Rathbone and Juolevi in Abbotsford?

it may end up being this to begin the year. And I'd actually be fine with this, it could turn out to be a terrific opportunity for Rathbone to shine. 

OEL-Myers

Hunt-Hamonic

Rathbone-Poolman

Juolevi-Schenn

On 9/21/2021 at 3:00 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Could there be a player not many are considering to make the team? I've heard that Brad Hunt could be that guy, more of a veteran presence. 

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

Hunt - Poolman

Schenn

Rathbone and Juolevi in Abbotsford?

The last time Hunt was in the AHL was in 2016/17.  He's been on an NHL roster ever since.  Every report says that he's a terrific professional and a real positive presence in the room.  He takes warmups every game even if he is not playing.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2021 at 9:55 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Opens a huge door for Lockwood, Highmore, and Bailey to seize a spot in the top 12-14 forwards.

Going to be a huge loss to the PK unit. The team just never seems to be the same without Motte

I'd like to see some truculence in DiGusepie. 

9 hours ago, mll said:

The last time Hunt was in the AHL was in 2016/17.  He's been on an NHL roster ever since.  Every report says that he's a terrific professional and a real positive presence in the room.  He takes warmups every game even if he is not playing.  

Yup, likely him and Schenn as our 7 and 8 with Rathbone playing big minutes, all situations in Abby.

• Cheers 3