The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Really think Green wants Miller at center.

He’s been keeping him there all training camp and I don’t think it’s just cause Petey is missing. Petan seems to be filling that role.

I think we’ll end up seeing:

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Hoglander 

Chiasson Miller Garland 

Gadjovich Dickinson Lockwood/Highmore

Love this idea of playing Miller as 3C!! We'll finally have 3 legit scoring lines!! Hope. Dickinson won't mind being 4C as his key task is to shut down opponents! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, robr1can said:

When term and precise dollars are "out", rest assured the agent has leaked this to media and it is a done deal.   The precise nature of the dollars makes it clear this is a thing.   Looks like pretty deft negotiations to get both done under $8 and only sacrifice one year of UFA for Hughes through to a point where who knows the CAP landscape etc. but five years is eternity in the NHL.    

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Love this idea of playing Miller as 3C!! We'll finally have 3 legit scoring lines!! Hope. Dickinson won't mind being 4C as his key task is to shut down opponents! 

I like this idea. 

Having Miller as 3c is no disrespect.

You have so much depth where you can roll the top 3 lines evenly. 

It's an onslaught of talent coming right at you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Hamonic is supposed to give his decision today as well, I'll assume he decides not to play?  Benning did say several days ago that "he'll be here", which sounded very confident, but things may have changed since. I hope he's right, Hamonic's physicality will be needed.

8 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Man Canucks twitter has got some negative nellies on it.

Anyways, this team is going to be exciting to watch. 

who the heck are "Canucks twitter" anyway? people too angry to be on HF Boards? angry Calgary teenagers maybe?

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

I like this idea. 

If they decide to go that route I would rather have Horvat as the 3c.

I think JT is the better playmaker of the two and Horvat is better defensively and I could be wrong but I think Horvat is a little better at creating his own chances and him and Pearson work great together.

I would like to see-

Hoglander- Petey- Brock

Garland- JT-  Dickenson\ Podz

Pearson- Horvat- Podz\ Dickenson.

Gads\Lockwood- Sutter-Chiasson\Highmore.

I think if they wave Gads he gets claimed.

That top 9 gives each line a good mix skill and responsible defensive guys and if Podz plays with Horvat it gives each line a scorer and a playmaker. All this depth really allows Green to create different combos for different team's and situations or to just get someone going 

One line that I kind of hope to see at some point is 

Podz- Petey and Brock.

I think Podz not only makes it better away from the puck but because Podz seems more likely to be more of a playmaker and Petey equally as good at scoring and passing it would really maximize Peteys output while also upping Podz goals being setup by our best playmaker if that makes any sense? 

3 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

I like this idea. 

TOTALLY MAN!!

I was really tired of seeing the likes of Roussel - Sutter - Motte, Player Name - Beagle - MacEwen in bottom 6 last few seasons... no offense to them but they just couldn't offer much in terms of a little bit of offense other than eating game clock.... 

Petey should stick with BB and carry Hog, Bo got chemistry w/ Pears and will do great with speedy sniper Garland.. and then Miller centering Podz and Dick (best 2-way 3rd line!)... OMG... I'm pumped for the new season!!