The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Alex Galchenyuk with Coyotes

16 points in 30 games with the Leafs, not awful. Crazy thinking he is only 27 I feel like it was so long ago when he was supposed to be a cornerstone player for the Canadians.

Overall he is a brutal player defensively and isn't bringing enough offensively to make up for it. As a 13th forward for a new look on a stale power play or to mix up looks not a terrible signing but he certainly is not a top 9 player anymore. 

Edited by canucklehead44

The last season where he was relatively productive was with the Arizona Coyotes. I hope he can turn it around, very likable character.

Arizona basically depleted their forward group of any offensive players besides Schmaltz, Keller, and Kessel, very likely Chucky will get lots of offensive looks.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Don't disrespect Beags. He was good. Not worth his 3mil, but he was a very good 4th line center.

Very good 4th line center but not a very good 2nd line center which he will be after Nick Schmaltz. The disrespect was aimed at their crap team. 

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

16 points in 30 games with the Leafs, not awful. Crazy thinking he is only 27 I feel like it was so long ago when he was supposed to be a cornerstone player for the Canadians.

Overall he is a brutal player defensively and isn't bringing enough offensively to make up for it. As a 13th forward for a new look on a stale power play or to mix up looks not a terrible signing but he certainly is not a top 9 player anymore. 

When he signed  with Toronto, leafs fans all swore that being there would rebuild him into a top 6 C. Guess that didn’t work out 

14 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Lindholm, Trouba and Dumba are the only good players drafted in the top 10.

And Reilly but I agree. The other crazy thing is all of these guys are prime age at 27 yet every single player (Galchenyuk included) have seemed to decline significantly since their prime earlier seasons both looking at box score stats and underlying numbers. 

Ceci, Maatta, Gostisbehere, Athanasiou, Ceci, Girgensons are a few other guys who looked quite promising who are fringe players now. 

Overall that draft was junk. The best players from that draft are Forsberg and Hertl and while they are solid 1st liners they aren't stars. From there it is a pretty big drop off to the aforementioned defenseman who are all kind of struggling. 

Compared to 2011 - Kucherov, Landeskog, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Gaudreau, Couterier, Zibanejad, Palat, Miller, Hamilton
2013 - Mackinnon, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Horvat, Jones

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

And Reilly but I agree. The other crazy thing is all of these guys are prime age at 27 yet every single player (Galchenyuk included) have seemed to decline significantly since their prime earlier seasons both looking at box score stats and underlying numbers. 

Ceci, Maatta, Gostisbehere, Athanasiou, Ceci, Girgensons are a few other guys who looked quite promising who are fringe players now. 

Overall that draft was junk. The best players from that draft are Forsberg and Hertl and while they are solid 1st liners they aren't stars. From there it is a pretty big drop off to the aforementioned defenseman who are all kind of struggling. 

Compared to 2011 - Kucherov, Landeskog, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Gaudreau, Couterier, Zibanejad, Palat, Miller, Hamilton
2013 - Mackinnon, Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Horvat, Jones

I'd disagree with Rielly, who is nowhere near good enough defensively to be a legitimate NHLer.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I'd disagree with Rielly, who is nowhere near good enough defensively to be a legitimate NHLer.

And unfortunately Myers defensive metrics are even worse :mellow:

meh I’d take Reilly on the Canucks any day of the week. I mean we basically have Reilly in Quinn Hughes haha. I

love Quinn Hughes. The years we didn’t have Jovo or Ehrhoff the offence felt so stagnant. With those guys as well our forwards had huge years 

Edited by canucklehead44

4 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

And unfortunately Myers defensive metrics are even worse :mellow:

meh I’d take Reilly on the Canucks any day of the week. I mean we basically have Reilly in Quinn Hughes haha

Let's see how Hughes does with Shaw in the mix.  I think we're all underestimating just how badly Baumgartner sabotaged our defense.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Let's see how Hughes does with Shaw in the mix.  I think we're all underestimating just how badly Baumgartner sabotaged our defense.

I think Quinn is going to be awesome. I hope our right side can over perform and OEL bounced back. Up front and between the pipes we can be contenders but defence is a massive question mark