The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Islanders sign Cory Schneider

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Signing] Islanders sign Cory Schneider
11 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Boggles me how players like Cory can lose all their confidence. I can’t remember was he dealing with other issues? Anyways wish him the best 

There must have been off-ice issues that we don't know about. Not about the guy, but something like Kirk McLean-esque rumours...

• Cheers 2

From 2018. He simply has not been able to perform to his pre hip surgery level.

After battling hip-related injuries for two years, Schneider made the decision to have surgery in May, knowing he would likely miss the start of the season. But finally, he’ll be between the pipes again on Thursday night when the Devils face the Detroit Red Wings at Little Ceasars Arena. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Boggles me how players like Cory can lose all their confidence. I can’t remember was he dealing with other issues? Anyways wish him the best 

Wasn't Schneider the one who got caught up in the rumor that Ryan Kesler slept with his wife?!? I remember that being a Meme back in the day. I don't think it's true but that sort of stuff can really affect a person's confidence.

I also don't feel like Schneider was ready to take over for Martin Brodeur in New Jersey and I feel like Devils fans never embraced him as Brodeur's successor and that could have wrecked his confidence as well.... especially after he was treated like the prodigal son here in Vancouver as Lu's backup. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Wasn't Schneider the one who got caught up in the rumor that Ryan Kesler slept with his wife?!? I remember that being a Meme back in the day. I don't think it's true but that sort of stuff can really affect a person's confidence.

I also don't feel like Schneider was ready to take over for Martin Brodeur in New Jersey and I feel like Devils fans never embraced him as Brodeur's successor and that could have wrecked his confidence as well.... especially after he was treated like the prodigal son here in Vancouver as Lu's backup. 

He actually did pretty good at the start ... injuries mounted up 

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...