The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van & NYI(Proposal)

First gotta state, tired of these drawn-out negotiations for talented, yet spoiled youngins'. Seems QH's heart is elsewhere. I say punt...

Van: QH & some middling prospect

NYI: Adam Pelech & 2022 1st(top-5 protection; shift 1st to following yr in unlikely event) His NTC kicks in next yr; he just signed for 8.(no need for drama here!)

There, the Hughes fam can watch their kiddies all in one division. Let Lou Lamo try to extract a big pay-out from his former franchise, if the Devs would move Heaven/earth for QH. Be interesting if LL held the hammer. We owe him one for giving us Bo.

Pelech just signed an 8 yr deal for UNDER 6 mill. He's the BIG, solid, 220 lb stay-at-home we need. Him & OEL would balance our LhD-side for a mighty lengthy stretch. OJ & JR can compete, to round it out. Maybe JR can play the rhD?

Would be a statement to all our upcoming young stars. Play for the franchise/city, not yourself.

We got PLENTY of good young kids on the way, or already arrived. Make room for the ones who love it here, & emphatically draw this line that shouldn't be crossed.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Then JB can amble into a mtg room with JP F***ing Barry the next day. Casually say, "Well yeah.. let's get to work on that EP contract."

Bet a few CDC'ers would like to be a fly on the ceiling...

Would work better if you traded Hughes to Buffalo or Arizona somehow.

It's an interesting proposal, OP.  Return-wise, Pelech would be great as a defensive stopper, and if we paired him with say Myers and let Tyler roam a bit more, we could have a pretty solid blue-line (e.g. Pelech - Myers, OEL - Hamonic, Rathbone - Poolman).  I'm just not sure that I see the Isles taking on a smallish defender when their team is so built on stifling team defense, but if Lamoriello takes it, then sign me up too.  

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

It's an interesting proposal, OP.  Return-wise, Pelech would be great as a defensive stopper, and if we paired him with say Myers and let Tyler roam a bit more, we could have a pretty solid blue-line (e.g. Pelech - Myers, OEL - Hamonic, Rathbone - Poolman).  I'm just not sure that I see the Isles taking on a smallish defender when their team is so built on stifling team defense, but if Lamoriello takes it, then sign me up too.  

I'd even approach this(in JB's shoes) with some flexibility. EG, if Isles wanna dangle 2 2nd's instead of a 1st, would certainly mull that hard.

It's basically an eff you to the notion of 2 young talents running to the same toxic agent. At a certain pt, you've got to put yer foot down - show all the other youth, if these 2 don't get the big pic.

Habs just displayed what you can accomplish, with a stable of bruising, avg skilled D-men. I've Always loved size on the blueline!

edit: Meant to add, figure LL mulls this hard too. He's seen/done it all, but this gives him a unique chance to sit in the powerbroker-chair, vs his old famous 'Swamp' franchise.

Lastly, I'd run ideas to other eastern squads(like Det, Habs & Buff) to possibly get rival GM's pushing the Hughes price north.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

Why posters are so eager to move Quinn Hughes is beyond me.  Atleast I preface my Hughes and Petey proposals as “pie in the sky hypotheticals.”  I would never want to trade either guy though.  As far as Hughes goes, it’s taken us decades to get a legit quality PP QB and offensive driver from the back-end........and we now want to move this guy?   Crazy....