The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hamonic Not at Camp Due to Covid Protocols?

Rate this topic

Provost

• Provost changed the title to Hamonic Not at Camp Due to Covid Protocols?
3 minutes ago, c00kies said:

He has an immuno-compromised child, so I surely hope (and believe) it's not him who is unvaccinated.

certainly hard to imagine it, but I also have a hard time imagining how anti-vaxxers say 99% of the stuff they do.. so IF he really is one, even his daughter being immuno-compromised may not be enough for him to change his tune

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, c00kies said:

He has an immuno-compromised child, so I surely hope (and believe) it's not him who is unvaccinated.

Yeah, I felt like he was going to be one of the first guys to get a vaccine when it was available.

But I'm worried he's probably one of those "antibodies" guys who thinks because they got Covid that they don't need a vaccine. Covid and chickenpox are not the same thing and drawing a line like that (which most of the "antibodies" crowd does) is dangerous and makes people come across as incredibly uninformed about how dangerous this virus can be.

Hopefully this is just another nonsense rumor much like when people assumed Conor Garland wasn't vaccinated for a hot sec.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

In his shoes I would probably want to ensure all of my teammates have been vaccinated for the health and safety of my family. Maybe he just decided to wait until a hold out got his vaccine..  or until everyone is fully vaccinated the 2 weeks prior to the 2nd dose. Him not being there for media day or the start of camp shouldn't be worry. Why not let him stay home until they have made sure everyone on site is 100% covid free. Even if they have their vaccine someone can still catch covid. Bailey was turned away at the border for having covid. He's probably just being cautious which is what I would do after a major outbreak last year on the team well his daughter is more vulnerable to covid.

Smart man. He will make it from the sounds of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Even Duncan Keith isn't stupid enough to stay unvaxxed.  The player is likely Archibald, but we'd likely be in the same situation with any unvaccinated player.  Hamonic is a good teammate by all accounts, so I doubt he'll do this to the team.

Didn’t they protect Archibald instead of Larsson too?

That sucks for them.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Didn’t they protect Archibald instead of Larsson too?

That sucks for them.

Not to mention they now have to play an AHLer as the backup goalie because their backup has long haul Covid.  That's going to be an awkward dressing room.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Even Duncan Keith isn't stupid enough to stay unvaxxed.  The player is likely Archibald, but we'd likely be in the same situation with any unvaccinated player.  Hamonic is a good teammate by all accounts, so I doubt he'll do this to the team.

Only half stupid I guess.  If he just got the shot recently and has to do quarantine. What was he waiting for?  Sounds like greed won over stupidity this time.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Only half stupid I guess.  If he just got the shot recently and has to do quarantine. What was he waiting for?  Sounds like greed won over stupidity this time.

It was probably when the PA came out and said it was fine with guys losing pay if they refused to get vaccinated.

Maybe he thought they wouldn’t force him and he could get paid and not have to go on road trips.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

its McDavid :frantic:

/s

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

Yeah, I felt like he was going to be one of the first guys to get a vaccine when it was available.

But I'm worried he's probably one of those "antibodies" guys who thinks because they got Covid that they don't need a vaccine. Covid and chickenpox are not the same thing and drawing a line like that (which most of the "antibodies" crowd does) is dangerous and makes people come across as incredibly uninformed about how dangerous this virus can be.

Hopefully this is just another nonsense rumor much like when people assumed Conor Garland wasn't vaccinated for a hot sec.

Don't be worried about something that is nowhere said to be true and is pure speculation.  Also not sure why you're putting quotes around antibodies, vaccines are effective just like antibodies but to get those you run a significantly greater risk of having health complications.  

@Provost no offense but it's very irresponsible to just start blindly throwing darts and accusing random players of things that the society frowns upon so much in this day and age.