Alex Kerfoot

Toronto trades

Morgan Reilly 

Alex Kerfoot

Toronto gets

Yegor Sharangovich

Damon Severson

Ollie Juolevi 

I thought of this trade because Reilly would be a great replacement for Quinn if he really does want to play with his brothers and Vancouver would love to get Reilly but Toronto has no defensemen prospects like what New Jersey has in their system to add to the deal so a 3 team deal gets the Leafs Severson for cheaper then Reilly for 2 years and way easier to resign then Reilly and a very good player in Sharangovich that is going to be a 2nd line winger and make this trade look like a steal for the Leafs and Juolevi is a low risk/ high reward with a 750k cap hit. I don't think the Leafs would get this good a deal at the deadline for Reilly and Kerfoot. 

Let's hear you apes throw your crap at me now :picard:

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Hard no on Rielly, who is so bad in his own zone he should be in the AHL; I wouldn't take that useless pylon on waivers.  Rielly makes Hughes look like an elite shutdown guy.

This is true.

Hard no on Rielly, well unless what we want is 1st round exit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, x00x said:

KEEP HUGHES , not sure why so many wanna trade him, hes the kinda offensive def we been wanting for SOOOO LONG!

It's because - some of us at least, feel that defense is also about keeping the puck out of the net.   We've had many great two-way defenders in the past.   Aside from Reinhardt when he was almost done (6th all-time in PPG in the regular season, and 4th all-time PPG in the playoffs), and one year of Lidster, yes we haven't had anything like him before.

Guys crazy skilled.   We won't know how much he can do for another 2-3 years.   Worth the gamble for sure - and it is a gamble given the league figured out how to play him during the bubble.