The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

33 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

So yeah some points, the video supports my opinion that Benning should have done this earlier. 

Also 5 years for Pettersson would suck 

I’m actually ok with 5 years. Yes he could walk at UFA. However to maximize his return he’d be hella motivated the next 5 years. 

5 years from now the Canucks will need a rebuild. The core will be aging out. Cheaper deal for less years is ok by me. Just win a cup before I die. 

• Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Oh damn... I had no idea. I have never heard that before. Better make sure I clean that one up. I would never use that word besides on that one colloquialism but gotta make sure I stop.

Yeah, that's okay.  In the Heat of the Night, a book written in the 60s, the cops would refer to black people as coons.  It was a book aimed at systemic racism.  The generations before us haven't exactly picked up the lessons and passed them on but it's all coming to a head now.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Boeser sat out camp in 2019, that season he put up 14 points in 12 games in the month of October as well as maintaining basically a point per game pace all the way in to mid January when his play fell off. He was dealing with injuries at that point iirc.

Didn't he get injured during preseason?

35 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

I’m actually ok with 5 years. Yes he could walk at UFA. However to maximize his return he’d be hella motivated the next 5 years. 

5 years from now the Canucks will need a rebuild. The core will be aging out. Cheaper deal for less years is ok by me. Just win a cup before I die. 

18 minutes ago, TFerguson said:

I'm good with 5 if the AAV is manageable  

Yeah if the AAV is decent it's a gamble for both sides and they can always re-sign or trade then. 5 years is better than 0.

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I sure hope not.  They should still be in their prime.  The supporting cast will have changed several times over though.

Bo will be 31 in 5 years. Still a serviceable player, but he’s the foundation of this core. The time is soon to really push.