The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

17 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Is he luoi erikksons agent?

Do you mean loui Erik$$ons?  Yeah. And tyler the money maker Myers. 

I can see it now. 

Berry: we want 8.5 each

Jim: no way you must be joking

Berry: you pay loui 6 man...

Jim: you know what you're right.  9 each!

Edited by 73 Percent

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

EP switched from his long time agent to QH agent this season you guys really don't think it's a coincidence? Why bother switching if he's willing to take whatever below market price contract we offer them because so and so say they are unproven and not elite in this league? Every other young star in this league are *unproven and *not elite when they signed their extension, but their team seems to think otherwise.. eichel aho barzal etc oh and EP ppg first 3 season are better than all of them even though he's unproven and not elite. 

lol well seems what I said is being rolled over- i said they are unproven but ARE very elite.. unproven cause quin hughes sucks worse then me on defense. and Elias has been injured multiple times now. and has had a couple slumps already.

Not saying they do not deserve to get paid. they definitely deserve some money.. just not the whole brinks truck..

On 5/23/2021 at 12:02 AM, MikeyD said:

Anybody thinking these guys will sign for 6 is out of their minds. Hughes has a small chance but he'd have to intentionally take a cut for the team. He has all the power in these negotiations. 

I'd be over the moon if Petey wanted the team to be competitive and sign for 7 but realistically he's worth up to 8.5. Hughes I anticipate will make 7. 

I can only wish Petey signs for 7 and Hughes for 6. That'd really show where their heads are at in terms of trying to win a cup. 

It baffles me when people still think Hughes and Pettersson is worth 7m+ a season. Chychrun who was recently sign last season, signed for 4.5M and just put on a Norris caliber season. Hughes this season, didn’t have the greatest defensive year and also took a step back from the offensive side. I’d be shocked if he signs anywhere near what people are predicting. My guess, he signs a 4-5M deal for 3 years. 

Pettersson’s injury was a blessing in disguise for the organization. If he were to stay healthy the entire year and also stay productive. I could definitely see him sign for 7M a season, but since he hasn’t prove he can stay healthy. He’ll likely too sign anywhere between 4-5M. 

16 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I have been on cdc since 2007. In that time, the term strawman has been overused so much on here that I almost instantly avoid talking to anyone who uses it to dismiss other people.

Maybe you hear it so much because...

16 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

These players know they have a huge impact on other moves the team can make but also are not likely to play for half what their comparables say they are worth though.

Who's suggesting they play for half their comparables?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Maybe you hear it so much because...

Who's suggesting they play for half their comparables?

If someone says Benning has the leverage to tell them if they want to play then suck it up and here is what we offer, take it or dont play, and that the players have no leverage to do anything about it, why wouldnt he be able to offer them anything he wants to then? 

41 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If someone says Benning has the leverage to tell them if they want to play then suck it up and here is what we offer, take it or dont play, and that the players have no leverage to do anything about it, why wouldnt he be able to offer them anything he wants to then? 

You keep trying to invite me but I have zero interest in playing in your straw man and hyperbole Olympics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I think you responded to something I posted in response to someone else.

I wasnt in fact trying to invite you into anything. You invited yourself.

You 'invited' me by posting more of your hyperbolic, straw nonsense as a response, instead of something substantive and hence worth substantively responding to.

Which BTW, was entirely unsurprising. You seem almost incapable of having a discussion without it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You 'invited' me by posting more of your hyperbolic, straw nonsense as a response, instead of something substantive and hence worth substantively responding to.

Which BTW, was entirely unsurprising. You seem almost incapable of having a discussion without it.

So what i post is not worth responding to but you feel the need to respond to it yourself AND that is me inviting you to respond?

Lol ok bud

9 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So what i post is not worth responding to but you feel the need to respond to it yourself AND that is me inviting you to respond?

Lol ok bud

*Substantive.

No, now I'm just pointing out your posting tendencies and backing up the other poster.

c8a8f5810abd8b7524cf82fa16ac5076.png

Edited by aGENT

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

*Substantive.

No, now I'm just pointing out your posting tendencies and backing up the other poster.

c8a8f5810abd8b7524cf82fa16ac5076.png

Again, thats fine. I dont care who responds.

But thats not me inviting you to do so. Thats you choosing to do so.

So while you are talking about hyperbolic arguments, take a look at your own there.

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Again, thats fine. I dont care who responds.

But thats not me inviting you to do so. Thats you choosing to do so.

So while you are talking about hyperbolic arguments, take a look at your own there.

Definition of hyperbolic (Entry 1 of 2)
: of, relating to, or marked by language that exaggerates or overstates the truth : of, relating to, or marked by hyperbole

None of what I posted was hyperbolic.

Cheeky? Perhaps. On point? Absolutely. 

Regardless, it's about your tendency to fill most of your hockey related 'arguments' with hyperbole, conjecture and flat out straw men. Something I'm clearly not alone in noticing.

Speaking of, we should probably get this thread back on topic (hockey) and stop derailing. Ta-ta for now dahling.

Edited by aGENT

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

It baffles me when people still think Hughes and Pettersson is worth 7m+ a season. Chychrun who was recently sign last season, signed for 4.5M and just put on a Norris caliber season. Hughes this season, didn’t have the greatest defensive year and also took a step back from the offensive side. I’d be shocked if he signs anywhere near what people are predicting. My guess, he signs a 4-5M deal for 3 years. 

Pettersson’s injury was a blessing in disguise for the organization. If he were to stay healthy the entire year and also stay productive. I could definitely see him sign for 7M a season, but since he hasn’t prove he can stay healthy. He’ll likely too sign anywhere between 4-5M. 

Yup ur best player on the team will sign for 4-5 coz he can't stay healthy or went on slumps while u offered boeser 5.9 per who went on way bigger slump on injured almost every season prior to signing. Imagine that's what Benning is telling EP camp. You are only worth 4-5 coz you are a lesser player than boeser barzal aho eichel despite out producing all of them in their elc. I can see jp tell his agent just sign year to year and use arbitration when eligible and walk on the team as soon as he hits Ufa coz ur team don't value u at all.

16 hours ago, TheNewGM said:

lol well seems what I said is being rolled over- i said they are unproven but ARE very elite.. unproven cause quin hughes sucks worse then me on defense. and Elias has been injured multiple times now. and has had a couple slumps already.

Not saying they do not deserve to get paid. they definitely deserve some money.. just not the whole brinks truck..

no one is saying they should be getting the 8-9mil contract but to suggest they are worth far less than all their comparable rookies young players contract? tkachuk signed for 7mil barzal signed for 7mil aho doesn't really count since his is a long term contract. eichel signed for 10mil JP will be pointing to those as comparables. but the fans here will say nah he's not worth anywhere close to those guy despite out producing most of them and average higher ppg than all of them during their ELC. way to tell ur players you are worse than others

and i dunno what you are talking about being rolled over what u said. i never quoted u once in this thread. there's plenty of poster here claiming they are unproven and not elite just an average good player.

I’m more concerned about Petey for offer sheets. Quinn is not eligible for such and worried some idiot GM will try to screw with us. 

Petey isn’t worth 8.5 in my opinion but the compensation for such an offer is a joke. Even worse for 8.4M

We would have no choice but to match either way.

7C5BCC9F-8190-4608-91F8-D73FDDF5BCD6.png

Edited by grandmaster

16 hours ago, shiznak said:

Good post.

Hughes was atrocious defensively.  Kids got good offensive instincts, but he just isnt built to be a good defender.

Petey i can see at 6 mill.  

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Yup ur best player on the team will sign for 4-5 coz he can't stay healthy or went on slumps while u offered boeser 5.9 per who went on way bigger slump on injured almost every season prior to signing. Imagine that's what Benning is telling EP camp. You are only worth 4-5 coz you are a lesser player than boeser barzal aho eichel despite out producing all of them in their elc. I can see jp tell his agent just sign year to year and use arbitration when eligible and walk on the team as soon as he hits Ufa coz ur team don't value u at all.

EP isn’t our best offensive player on the team, night in-night out. Some nights it can be Hughes, Horvat, Boeser, or Miller. As a team as a whole, Markstrom and Demko have been our MVP for the team. 

I keep reading EP market value is around Barzal or Aho. Barzal is undoubtedly the number one offensive option for the Islanders, by a far margin and haven’t missed a single game since entering the league. Aho has a better all-around game than EP and is their best player. 

Teräväinen and Guentzel are more likely comparable.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1