The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This might get me some paper bags, and it's probably just a negotiating tactic or something, but the fact that Petey has removed all Canucks related stuff other than pics from his Twitter and Instagram hits me wrong. Hughes too, although at least he's still in his Canuck gear in his profile pics. 

Maybe this is what millennials consider a bargaining tactic these days. Seems like a pretty weak move. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

I disagree that millzy isnt as talented as BB..brock is a one dimentional shooter with low speed no physical play 

brock is a pure shooter millzys an all around big body guy reminds me of a modern day bertuzzi me personally would trade brock before him 

i would trade neither, both are very important to the team. pretty sad when some of you are putting down some of our top players down. 

44 minutes ago, nux_win said:

If so, that's pretty low class.  But, then again, what do we expect from scumbag agents?  They keep lowering the bar on what constitutes "honest" negotiations.  I'll bite: they have no ethics and don't care who they hurt in order to squeeze out every last dime for themselves (there may be exceptions but that at least seems to be the general rule).  The thing is that it reflects badly on the athletes they represent, whether or not the athletes themselves think that they aren't party to the ugly negotiating tactics.  GCG!

I'm not going to look too much into it, but i totally agree with you...and it just seems odd and an immature thing to do. 

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Who in their right mind would even consider 'giving up' on Quinn..? Like is this seriously a discussion? Haha not directed at you but I'm honestly bewildered. 

I have seen some harsh criticism of him though recently, I watched every game last year and I can't for the life of me understand why people are ragging on Quinn so hard. It was his 2nd year in the show, and he is playing against top lines every other shift. He carries the play and our play style is completely stale when he is out of the lineup. 

We got a D that's on track to be the best Franchise D we've ever had by a wide margin and people are thinkin of giving up?!

C'mon Man! (Joe Biden voice) :P

Many people are wanting to trade him while he still has some value (in my opinion this is a terrible decision as his value is already near as low as it is going to get for him) so we can push this contender idea with the team a bit more. There aren't many but I've seen probably over ten posts discussing who they'd want to trade Hughes for. 

15 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Who in their right mind would even consider 'giving up' on Quinn..? Like is this seriously a discussion? Haha not directed at you but I'm honestly bewildered. 

The fan base has little understanding of young players 

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Gen Z. These "generations" blend into each other. It used to be that a generation was an age range of 20-30 years

the birth year range for millennials is (~1981 to ~1996) is the same number of years as Gen X (~1965 to ~1980)

Give or take a year, there is about a 3 year window for the start and end years for generations

Edited by MattJVD
  • Vintage 1

On 7/30/2021 at 2:25 PM, Sean83 said:

I haven't seen the video but I read online from one of you guys either on here or HF that Hughes looked crestfallen to not be with his brothers.

I so wish this wasn't the case.  It's frustrating loving a team this much and it constantly getting screwed over by refs (Boston 2011) or snakes in other forms, like Barry.

OTOH, NJD will find it tough to sign though given they have such limited cap space.  Canadiens also have zero cap space.

Quinn Hughes wears mic for 2018 NHL Draft - Bing video

• Huggy Bear 1

41 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

the birth year range for millennials is (~1981 to ~1996) is the same number of years as Gen X (~1965 to ~1980)

Give or take a year, there is about a 3 year window for the start and end years for generations

I'm a 1981 Gen Y, I'm not a millenial. I grew up playing outside, never had a Nintendo in the 80s, and had a much older sibling, 8 years, who exposed me to 80s music so I grew up liking that more than what was coming out in the 90s, so yeah, not a millenial.

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

I'm a 1981 Gen Y, I'm not a millenial. I grew up playing outside, never had a Nintendo in the 80s, and had a much older sibling, 8 years, who exposed me to 80s music so I grew up liking that more than what was coming out in the 90s, so yeah, not a millenial.

Call yourself whatever you want. To demogrophers and sociologist, you're a millenial.

6 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

You are in the earliest cohort of millennials but you are a millennial for all demographic purposes. Not just that there are more millennials closer to your age then their are closer to Genz

image.png.ed826e7ddeb8c448b6d2930b1622a75d.png

Edited by UKNuck96

3 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

I disagree that millzy isnt as talented as BB..brock is a one dimentional shooter with low speed no physical play 

brock is a pure shooter millzys an all around big body guy reminds me of a modern day bertuzzi me personally would trade brock before him 

I’d have to disagree with your take on Boeser. Sure he doesn’t throw the body but he’s no slouch physically. He battles on the boards. He’s also an underrated playmaker. To say he’s just a pure shooter is a bit disingenuous. 

• Vintage 1