The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

( PROPOSAL) Q HUGHES SIGN AND TRADE FOR BIG CHYCHRUN

6 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

(PROPOSAL) Q HUGHES SIGN AND TRADE FOR BIG CHYCHRUN

Presumably, if Arizona really is looking to deal Chychrun, it would be to save money.  I can't seem them dealing him for a bigger contract which is what Hughes is likely looking to sign.  If Hughes won't sign a deal to play for the Canucks at this point, why would he sign one just for the purpose of being traded to Arizona?

39 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Presumably, if Arizona really is looking to deal Chychrun, it would be to save money.  I can't seem them dealing him for a bigger contract which is what Hughes is likely looking to sign.  If Hughes won't sign a deal to play for the Canucks at this point, why would he sign one just for the purpose of being traded to Arizona?

To get a contract. Otherwise he sits and makes nothing.

Chychrun's value is more than Quinn's right now, especially given that he's on a huge steal of a contract. We'd have to probably add a 2nd and depending on Hughes' contract, maybe even more than that, to get Chychrun.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Chyrchrun's value is more than Quinn's right now, especially given that he's on a huge steal of a contract. We'd have to probably add a 2nd and depending on Hughes' contract, maybe even more than that, to get Chychrun.

Agreed.  Maybe adding a first and them adding Hayton might help.  His development isn't going as well as Arizona hoped and he's a character guy despite the helmet incident.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The fact that I'd be totally game for this trade leads me to believe that Arizona probably wouldn't bite.

It's interesting because I think a year or two before his draft, he was super hyped and some people even had him going top 3. 

His stock obviously fell in his draft year but now it looks like all that hype from way back is coming true.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Chychrun's value is more than Quinn's right now, especially given that he's on a huge steal of a contract. We'd have to probably add a 2nd and depending on Hughes' contract, maybe even more than that, to get Chychrun.

I would think so. I can't see this happening tho. 

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Yes maybe.   Said half way through last season a couple times we could trade QHs and got roasted for it - and Chychrun was one of the guys i said to consider.    QHs is younger, so that's something ARI might consider.    Guys a monster.   Norris trophies and consideration coming his way if he ends up on a team with some sort of offense. 

Possibility would be the diseased Dawgs playin' middle-man. They could prearrange a monster deal with the Devils.

IF the return from NJ is more than they perceive Chychrun's value to be(including picks and/or cheap ELC assets), well, it could happen.

Also the Devs burned them bad on the Hall-larceny. Might overpay for QH, due to a guilty conscience?!

We'd have to add, probably more than people might expect. Hughes ain't signed yet either, so his deal would impact any trade we'd make.

Arizona doesn't want term and big dollars, and Chychrun seems as good a player for them to build around than any. If anyone on their roster is truly untouchable it's probably him. 

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

It isn't always about money it is about uniqueness of talent.   Hughes can do things perhaps a handful of players in NHL can do and he is still a puppy who will only improve.   He has superstar potential and any trade of him will likely haunt whoever traded him and the fanbase for a decade plus and any "monetary value" long forgetten.

• Upvote 1