The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ottawa Van [Proposal]

Now this is for fun, and I believe in Petey to be great just as most of us do and would love to stay here long term and win a few cups with us

But with the cap issues potentially in place, and the internal struggle Hughes may leave for the Devils down the road. Why not bring in a friend of Hughes in Brady Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators acquire: Pettersson - who they can sign for more $

Canucks Acquire: Brady Tkachuk + 2022 1st Round pick, conditional 2023 2nd rd.

-

Canucks acquire LW talent (which we lack), size, a hitter. We lose 0.3 ppg, but gain 2 hits/ night and size.

Thackuk Horvat Boeser

Hoglander Miller Garland

Pearson Dicksinon Poldkozin

Motte Sutter _____

Edited by PunjabiCanucks

I wonder if Brady would be any more affordable than Petey, since the Sens already offered him an $8 million * 8 year contract.
Having the connection with Quinn may help but still doubt he's that much cheaper of a contract esp. seeing what Kap signed in Minny.
Asset wise I'd probably do it (presuming Brady signs after), thanks to Miller and Dickinson's positional versatility we don't really miss a beat.

• Like 1

I can't speak for younger fans..we all have our personal histories as to why/how long we've followed the team.

But most long-timers will prob agree with me. It's hard to convey how strongly Tkachuk was hated here, back in the early 90's. I really do feel B Tkachuk is a fine hockey player; but I'll always be skeptical of his character, with that lump who's his Old man.

Perhaps the apple DID fall far from the tree's branch & tumbled down a hill? Hope so for this kid's sake.

...Anywho, the value's prob pretty reasonable

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Now this is for fun, and I believe in Petey to be great just as most of us do and would love to stay here long term and win a few cups with us

But with the cap issues potentially in place, and the internal struggle Hughes may leave for the Devils down the road. Why not bring in a friend of Hughes in Brady Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators acquire: Pettersson - who they can sign for more $

Canucks Acquire: Brady Tkachuk + 2022 1st Round pick, conditional 2023 2nd rd.

-

Canucks acquire LW talent (which we lack), size, a hitter. We lose 0.3 ppg, but gain 2 hits/ night and size.

Thackuk Horvat Boeser

Hoglander Miller Garland

Pearson Dicksinon Poldkozin

Motte Sutter _____

I don’t think Petey is worth that much.  Petey for Brady is almost an even deal one for one.

ps - what about Pettersson and Hughes for Brady and Chabot?

Tkachuk-Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Garland

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

OEL-Hamonic

Chabot-Poolman

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

Halak

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

I don’t think Petey is worth that much.  Petey for Brady is almost an even deal one for one.

ps - what about Pettersson and Hughes for Brady and Chabot?

Tkachuk-Horvat-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Pearson-Dickinson-Garland

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

OEL-Hamonic

Chabot-Poolman

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

Halak

EP is only slightly better than tkachuk whos a .63 ppg guy that's a career -41 in 3 season? please don't say well ottawa is a bad team.. sure ottawa is a bad team but when you are sitting in bottom 3 +/- on your team every season while there are guys that are even are +.. then there's issue with your defensive game.. -5 sure -10 ok but almost -15 and below every season? on top EP is a center.. you guys like to under value our players when they don't sign and then over value them when they sign.. Brady tkachuk is not even close to EP in offense nor defense ability.. only thing he's better than EP is hitting and being an ass

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I can't speak for younger fans..we all have our personal histories as to why/how long we've followed the team.

But most long-timers will prob agree with me. It's hard to convey how strongly Tkachuk was hated here, back in the early 90's. I really do feel B Tkachuk is a fine hockey player; but I'll always be skeptical of his character, with that lump who's his Old man.

Perhaps the apple DID fall far from the tree's branch & tumbled down a hill? Hope so for this kid's sake.

...Anywho, the value's prob pretty reasonable

Yes.   I remember.  He's be happy to drop the gloves with Dana Murzyn, but would stay away from Gino/Antoski or anyone who was a better fighter - came across as a bully really.    His actual character came out later in his career (which was bad of course, never making weight in camp, destroying the olympic village etc) ... Hard not to begrudgingly want the guy on your team at the same time though,  he's a guy the HHOF could end up calling one day, if he does can't wait to laugh at how fat he is on stage again (like Mathews draft year).  Doesn't rock the Bruce Willis either. 

I do like Brady, guy hits everything that moves, and unlike his brother (so far), will at least back it up.   He actually plays more like his Dad too, but neither kids have his hands yet.    If we are at an impasse, and BT would sign a reasonable long term deal we could do a lot worse. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

EP is only slightly better than tkachuk whos a .63 ppg guy that's a career -41 in 3 season? please don't say well ottawa is a bad team.. sure ottawa is a bad team but when you are sitting in bottom 3 +/- on your team every season while there are guys that are even are +.. then there's issue with your defensive game.. -5 sure -10 ok but almost -15 and below every season? on top EP is a center.. you guys like to under value our players when they don't sign and then over value them when they sign.. Brady tkachuk is not even close to EP in offense nor defense ability.. only thing he's better than EP is hitting and being an ass

Well the eye test has them closer in value then your stats.    OTT started to turn a corner last year and beat the rest of the division, and BT was a key part in that.   Also went straight from the draft and onto the roster.    I sure noticed him in the games we played.    I doubt anyone suggests EP won't get more points.   But guys like BT are also invaluable come playoff time.   A 6'3" Claude Lemuiex with more upside.    That so far hasn't missed time.    As far a being an ass goes, that's his brother lol. He's a colourful guy.   Also looks like he's related to super man from the goonies.   That mug must scare some players. the goonies hey you guys GIF

Edited by IBatch
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

You seriously think Pettersson is worth Tkackuk and a high 1st and a 2nd? Head over to an Ottawa board and see how that goes for you 

Yes i'm not sure many would want to do it one for one.   But that's fandom for you.   Often really don't know much about players outside of your own team (and who wouldn't, it's not like we have all the time in the world to watch games outside of our own team right?!)...   Completely different players.    I'd rather have Brady then Marner.   Including the cap savings.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Well the eye test has then closed in value then your stats.    OTT started to turn a corner last year and beat the rest of the division, and BT was a key part in that.   Also went straight from the draft and onto the roster.    I sure noticed him in the games we played.    I doubt anyone suggests EP won't get more points.   But guys like BT are also invaluable come playoff time.   A 6'3" Claude Lemuiex with more upside.    That so far hasn't missed time.    As far a being an ass goes, that's his brother lol. He's a colourful guy.   Also looks like he's related to super man from the goonies.   That mug must scare some players. the goonies hey you guys GIF

um he missed a month in his first year. and sure you need guys like him in the playoff, but you also need guys that can produce in playoff against tough competition which EP have done in his 2 series + play in.. you guys like to pump other players tire way too much.. just like before in a redraft you guys would take Hughes over Dahlin and now all of a sudden because of the contract situation Hughes is barely better than Dahlin and love to trade him straight up. if Brady tkachuk is a 8mil player based on those stats? does that make Matthew tkachuk a 10mil+ player? just because you are hard to play against and scores at a .6-.7ppg pace that is terrible on defense makes you an 8mil player and makes you equal to a .9ppg guy that have good defense but is softer? 

sorry this team have scoring issues for god knows how many seasons now not sure how trading for a guy that produces less and gives up almost 20 more goals than they score 5v5 when he's on the ice compared to EP makes your team equal if not any better.

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

um he missed a month in his first year. and sure you need guys like him in the playoff, but you also need guys that can produce in playoff against tough competition which EP have done in his 2 series + play in.. you guys like to pump other players tire way too much.. just like before in a redraft you guys would take Hughes over Dahlin and now all of a sudden because of the contract situation Hughes is barely better than Dahlin and love to trade him straight up. if Brady tkachuk is a 8mil player based on those stats? does that make Matthew tkachuk a 10mil+ player? just because you are hard to play against and scores at a .6-.7ppg pace that is terrible on defense makes you an 8mil player and makes you equal to a .9ppg guy that have good defense but is softer? 

sorry this team have scoring issues for god knows how many seasons now not sure how trading for a guy that produces less and gives up almost 20 more goals than they score 5v5 when he's on the ice compared to EP makes your team equal if not any better.

Missed how many games again?  Compared to EP?   And he's younger... if you read on - i said just for the record i wouldn't do this deal.    The point is they aren't that far off as far as value goes.   Their is no way i'd want Mathew - Brady, yes he'd be great.   On a reasonable deal.  8 x 8 isn't reasonable it's asinine. 

37 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Missed how many games again?  Compared to EP?   And he's younger... if you read on - i said just for the record i wouldn't do this deal.    The point is they aren't that far off as far as value goes.   Their is no way i'd want Mathew - Brady, yes he'd be great.   On a reasonable deal.  8 x 8 isn't reasonable it's asinine. 

missed as much as EP did in the 1st 2 season?? i mean you keep saying EP is injury prone and really he had 1 injury of significance in his 3 years.. so you are saying you rather have a let's just say 60 point a game guy vs a 82 point a game guy just coz he hits? coz BT is going to get his 8mil whether it's reasonable or not. i take the 9mil let's just say ppg guy vs a 8mil 60point a game guy

value wise hypothetically speaking let say he signs for 7mil u stick him in the top line. overall production of ur entire line drops since he's not a sniper nor a playmaker that can setup a boeser or miller the and he's a signficant downgrade interms of production compared to EP. the 2mil or 3mil you saved is going to make up the difference in production used elsewhere? you are replacing your best forward defensively with a forward that's not great defensively so likely to score less goal as a line and prolly end up giving up even more goals than before. i don't see how they are anywhere equal in value.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Fair enough, but I still don’t think the OP’s proposal is something that Ottawa would accept.  In this hypothetical, it would likely be Pettersson for Tkachuk + small add.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Well the eye test has them closer in value then your stats.    OTT started to turn a corner last year and beat the rest of the division, and BT was a key part in that.   Also went straight from the draft and onto the roster.    I sure noticed him in the games we played.    I doubt anyone suggests EP won't get more points.   But guys like BT are also invaluable come playoff time.   A 6'3" Claude Lemuiex with more upside.    That so far hasn't missed time.    As far a being an ass goes, that's his brother lol. He's a colourful guy.   Also looks like he's related to super man from the goonies.   That mug must scare some players. the goonies hey you guys GIF

Agreed.  Ottawa was a completely different team by the time the end of the season rolled around.  

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Agreed.  Ottawa was a completely different team by the time the end of the season rolled around.  

I think Ottawa is going to be a force of nature if they can keep their guys and keep the cap reasonable.   Looking forward to them beating TO, just like they did back with Alfie vs Sundin - that TO team was one of the best ones they ever had (which also makes me laugh), but couldn't beat their little brother when they really should have...Think the same thing is about to happen again. 

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

missed as much as EP did in the 1st 2 season?? i mean you keep saying EP is injury prone and really he had 1 injury of significance in his 3 years.. so you are saying you rather have a let's just say 60 point a game guy vs a 82 point a game guy just coz he hits? coz BT is going to get his 8mil whether it's reasonable or not. i take the 9mil let's just say ppg guy vs a 8mil 60point a game guy

value wise hypothetically speaking let say he signs for 7mil u stick him in the top line. overall production of ur entire line drops since he's not a sniper nor a playmaker that can setup a boeser or miller the and he's a signficant downgrade interms of production compared to EP. the 2mil or 3mil you saved is going to make up the difference in production used elsewhere? you are replacing your best forward defensively with a forward that's not great defensively so likely to score less goal as a line and prolly end up giving up even more goals than before. i don't see how they are anywhere equal in value.

Well i guess you didn't read enough my friend.   I said - i wouldn't trade EP for BT.   I also said they aren't as far off as some might think in value.   Also - since you brought it up, EP hasn't played a full season yet, and has suffered three injuries, the last one, in a full season - would have meant he'd missed the rest of the year.    You can make your own judgement on whether or not that's a pattern.   I was at the game in MTL, first time i got to see him live and super excited about it.   Accidental on purpose - Ken Holland wrote about it later saying the exact same thing.   Guys got to add to his frame, he's no Forberg or Sakic or Sundin or Jagr.   As in he's got to.   Go ahead and keep getting upset at anything that doesn't seem like it follows your script.    Has the potential to be a force and we'd be betting on that large.   And we likely will.   We won't know for another 3-4 years if it was worth it.   Brady is a beast and going to be one for a very long time.   Love to have both guys on our team and i hated his Dad.