The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Marner + Dahlin for Pettersson + Hughes (and their agent)

Two trades

TOR gets Hughes

VAN get Marner 

BUF get Pettersson

Van get Dahlin.

why would they do that ?

Toronto get something they don't have : a high profile Dman.
Buffalo get a young superstar to build around with Petey. 

VAN gets a super gifted winger (Miller and Horvat as top 2 centers) and a more complete yound Dman. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina

2 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Two trades

TOR gets Hughes

VAN get Marner 

BUF get Pettersson

Van get Dahlin.

why would they do that ?

Toronto get something they don't have : a high profile Dman.
Buffalo get a young superstar to build around with Petey. 

VAN gets a super gifted winger (Miller and Horvat as top 2 centers) and a more complete yound Dman. 

Value wise, I think Hughes would be the one that would be closer to Dahlin while Marner would be the one closer to Petey.  

I would say no to both.  I think fans need to relax a bit as these negotiations are perfectly normal.  We saw what happened with Boeser two seasons ago.  Petey and Hughes will be signed shortly, just be patient. ;-)

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Value wise, I think Hughes would be the one that would be closer to Dahlin while Marner would be the one closer to Petey.  

I would say no to both.  I think fans need to relax a bit as these negotiations are perfectly normal.  We saw what happened with Boeser two seasons ago.  Petey and Hughes will be signed shortly, just be patient. ;-)

Bure are you done with yours too then lol (just poking fun it's ok - fantasy means just that fantasy) ...  I agree Dahlin and QHs are close in value but i'd actually say EP for Marner is a fair trade.   And would rather keep EP - we've seen Marner can't do much come playoff time, EP i still believe could be a Hart/Art Ross winner some day.   Only Bure and Linden had better starts then EP did.   Linden because he went from the draft to almost beating Vernon and then who knows - that was actually a pretty good team built for the playoffs, one of the best teams ever was the 89 CAL team and we took them to the 15th round basically ... and lost to a kicked in goal 

• Haha 1

Such a buy-low proposition in trading Petey for Dahlin.  Besides his draft projections, there's no guarantee that Dahlin's return would come to fruition as more than pennies on the dollar, so hard no for him.

We're also stacked on the wings so (unless we move Miller to middle full-time or trade Petey for Chychrun, since again I'm firmly against trading him for Dahlin) we'd have to play a top-6 RW in the bottom-6 with this trade.

Hog - Miller - Marner
Podz - Bo - Garland
Pearson - JD - Boeser
Motte - Sutter - _______

Chychrun - Myers
OEL - Hamonic
Rathbone - Poolman

Overall this does look like a solid lineup and very deep, but as someone also noted, we're above the cap (even more so if we go back to acquiring RD).

Edited by Phil_314

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Such a buy-low proposition in trading Petey for Dahlin.  Besides his draft projections, there's no guarantee that Dahlin's return would come to fruition as more than pennies on the dollar, so hard no for him.

We're also stacked on the wings so (unless we move Miller to middle full-time or trade Petey for Chychrun, since again I'm firmly against trading him for Dahlin) we'd have to play a top-6 RW in the bottom-6 with this trade.

Hog - Miller - Marner
Podz - Bo - Garland
Pearson - JD - Boeser
Motte - Sutter - _______

Chychrun - Myers
OEL - Hamonic
Rathbone - Poolman

Overall this does look like a solid lineup and very deep, but as someone also noted, we're above the cap (even more so if we go back to acquiring RD).

sure Petey for Dahlin straight up may need some adjustment, but you have to see the whole trade that includes the couple of exchanges : we lost a 1st liner, we get a 1st liner. we lost our #1offensive young dman, we get another #1 young dman. 

since i read Petey's comment about where the team will be at when is next contract is up, i want to answer him that the team will be where he decides to put it with his current negociation. you want to see a competitive team at your next contract ? take 7-8 max. if you take the 9+ route, then lets kick off a trade and part with him.