The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Watching the Canucks from outside of Vancouver

Rate this topic

NZCanuck

7 minutes ago, bpow said:

Looks like in Australia you need the Espn app and a foxtel or Fetch account.

https://www.espn.com.au/espn/story/_/id/32255166/how-watch-new-nhl-season-australia-2021-22-espn-australia-new-zealand

I bought the fetch box, signed up to vibe. Then downloaded the ESPN app, put the fetch details into the ESPN app. Then you have to cast to the tv off the app. I have a Google Chromecast bit if watching live during every commercial the ESPN logo comes up and the stream stops so you have to go back into the app to restart the stream, often instead of the game whatever is on the ESPN tv channel comes on which is fun. I emailed the help desk they said there isn't anything they can do and advised against using Chromecast. 

11 hours ago, austy said:

I bought the fetch box, signed up to vibe. Then downloaded the ESPN app, put the fetch details into the ESPN app. Then you have to cast to the tv off the app. I have a Google Chromecast bit if watching live during every commercial the ESPN logo comes up and the stream stops so you have to go back into the app to restart the stream, often instead of the game whatever is on the ESPN tv channel comes on which is fun. I emailed the help desk they said there isn't anything they can do and advised against using Chromecast. 

Thank for the info.

I will look into that option. Can you watch games on demand this way? Or only live games?

Edited by bpow
more info

On 9/26/2021 at 2:08 AM, NZCanuck said:

First off apologies if this is the wrong forum but hoping for some help from the international fans. Since the NHL launched it's streaming service a decade ago I've watched every Canucks game via NHL.TV

This year it looks like they have sold their soul to ESPN which means no NHL coverage for NZ. Short of a VPN solution has anyone found a way to get games streamed from outside of the USA/Canada? Looking forward to this season and will be mightily p*ssed off if I can't watch the Canucks.

Check out the betting companies. 
In Sweden Unibet streams a lot of games.

Not sure of legality of streaming in NZ. 
Lots of easy options there if can’t find legit. 
For everyone else it is time to stop the regional blackouts it is dumb and pushes people to illegal streams.

Really gets harder to justify paying for cable when they blackout your favourite team. Only reason I keep it is elderly mother who hate watches the news all day (not fun).

On 9/25/2021 at 8:08 PM, NZCanuck said:

First off apologies if this is the wrong forum but hoping for some help from the international fans. Since the NHL launched it's streaming service a decade ago I've watched every Canucks game via NHL.TV

This year it looks like they have sold their soul to ESPN which means no NHL coverage for NZ. Short of a VPN solution has anyone found a way to get games streamed from outside of the USA/Canada? Looking forward to this season and will be mightily p*ssed off if I can't watch the Canucks.

check ur PM

On 9/27/2021 at 5:32 AM, Law of Goalies said:

I'm in Hong Kong and so far nhltv is fine. 

However, there are streaming sites i can send your way

I thouight if you watched internet content coming from outside of China that you'd get the Death Penalty or have one of you're two "male organs" cut off and sold for spare parts?

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Not sure of legality of streaming in NZ. 
Lots of easy options there if can’t find legit. 
For everyone else it is time to stop the regional blackouts it is dumb and pushes people to illegal streams.

Really gets harder to justify paying for cable when they blackout your favourite team. Only reason I keep it is elderly mother who hate watches the news all day (not fun).

Oh good!  If you're from way down there, would you mind if I ask a "down under" question?

Q: Why is there less gravity down there?

I got the foxtel espn app in lieu of nhl gamecentre thingy. so far it seems i can only access 2 games. from what my daughter explains to me, it is a long waiting period before the games are viewable. seems to be a cloak of secrecy from foxtel or espn so will wait for now and watch the youtube highlights here in perth

I am in Brisbane and did the same as bpow - bought the Fetch box (mini is $149, mighty is $449) and signed up for Vibe ($6 per month). It allows me to watch the games through NHL.com but it seems I have to watch them live. Under the old system, I could watch them from the beginning, hours after the game had started and drag the timeline through the commercials and period breaks. That doesn't seem to be available in the new system and I can't record the games.

I renewed my NHL.com subscription and downloaded a VPN which seemed to work during pre-season games but not when the regular season started. Foxtel blocked it in their determination to get my money.

If you buy the mini and Vibe, it's actually slightly cheaper than the NHL.tv subscription. I bought the mighty because of all the other features it offers.