The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Preseason] Calgary @ Vancouver Monday, Sept. 27/21 7:00 PM Abbotsford Centre

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, knucklehead91 said:

would have bought Gudbranson enough time to make the play he was trying

100% if the F played that better he could've done that.. the point is that a veteran d-man notices that the F hasn't tied up his man, and doesn't attempt to make that move. 

26 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

No way dude.. if he kept his motion going to his left he even had a chance to keep that puck in the zone. The mistake was made as soon as he decided to put on the brakes and make a move to his right. I'm not saying that was necessarily obvious at real time but if you watch the video again, that was definitely his best option 

Oh… my god…. If you watch the clip again, Gubranson wasnt reaching 10 feet out to get the puck, it was in tight to his reach, he had to stop and try to bring the puck back the other way because it was in too tight for him on his backhand and being under pressure, its just as easy of a poke check, gubranson would have to carry the puck in his backhand, which puts the puck on the side of the attacker, he would have to move the puck tight along the blueline to keep it in on his backhand, while not pulling it back and away from the forechecker. 
tie up your guy on the faceoff for .2, seconds and this whole issue is avoided. There is time for gudbranson to move it to his forehand and make a play. Instead he is stuck on his backhand awkwardly in tight, cant make a proper pass in tight on the backhand like that, one stride too much and he overskates it. Its a broken play and a forechecker who was free to walk up the middle and attack. That is on the forward to buy his dman time. 

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Oh… my god…. If you watch the clip again, Gubranson wasnt reaching 10 feet out to get the puck, it was in tight to his reach, he had to stop and try to bring the puck back the other way because it was in too tight for him on his backhand and being under pressure, its just as easy of a poke check, gubranson would have to carry the puck in his backhand, which puts the puck on the side of the attacker, he would have to move the puck tight along the blueline to keep it in on his backhand, while not pulling it back and away from the forechecker. 
tie up your guy on the faceoff for .2, seconds and this whole issue is avoided. There is time for gudbranson to move it to his forehand and make a play. Instead he is stuck on his backhand awkwardly in tight, cant make a proper pass in tight on the backhand like that, one stride too much and he overskates it. Its a broken play and a forechecker who was free to walk up the middle and attack. That is on the forward to buy his dman time. 

Holy $&!#, shut the &^@# up. You know some stuff about hockey, congratulations! No one is impressed. Take it to the DMs

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Probably a dumb question, but never streamed on the website before: Where exactly do you go to get the live stream for tonight’s game?

In the past I've gone to the Canucks homepage and they typically have a link you can access from there. 

• Cheers 3

25 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

100% if the F played that better he could've done that.. the point is that a veteran d-man notices that the F hasn't tied up his man, and doesn't attempt to make that move. 

Heres what yours and that other posters ideal move is for Gudbranson

- skate onto the puck on his backhand and hope to be able to handle it in tight on his backhand and hope to not overskate it

- carry it on the backhand and make a backhand pass.

You have on option, a backhand pass

Heres what a veteran move is

- take the puck on the backhand

- move the puck laterally to the forehand and cross over towards the inside

once Ive crossed over, ive taken the puck on my backhand from 3 feet to the left to 6 feet across my body and onto my forehand

- I have stepped to the side of the forecheck at this point

- i now have the puck on my forehand

- no forechecker directly infront of me

- From here I have 3 options

- get a shot on net

- pass it to the forward on the wall

- dump it in

My 3 options are far better and far more useful and higher chance plays than your 1 option of trying to dish a puck on the backhand across your body as a poke check is coming in the from the opposite side of the puck and going to meet head on with your backhand, you are stranded and stuck with no more options. 

You think because the puck is on your backhand side that you have to carry it and move it with the backhand. A veteran would know that they have more options, such as moving it from the backhand to the forehand for better control and being on their strong side. 

Go grab a stick and try to make a 2 handed backhand toe drag in tight and across your body. You cant, your bottom hand will tie you up. With your top hand on the stick and your bottom hand off the stick, you can pull the puck in tight and across your body in tight. 

Its the forwards fault Guddy had no time. Straight up that play broke down and fell a part on the drop of the puck

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 3

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

HOLY SH*T THIS IS A HOCKEY FORUM?!!!? Woah no f***ing way. You can take it up with Vintage for posting a calgary and edmonton twitter video on a Canucks GDT that sparked a conversation. 
Also telling someone to stfu on the forums is toxic. Enjoy your timeout.

Enough please. Take it to pm

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

As much as Juolevi is getting dumped on, and every mishap is magnified.I thought he a decent game last night.

Agreed.  What's disappointing for me though is that I expected OJ to understand his situation and show some more "I give a S#$T" effort above and beyond 'decent'.  When you got a guy like Rathbone doing things all over the ice it compounds OJ's seemingly 'casualness' out there.  I understand that OJ has always been that type of player even in Jr. - he moves calmly and without drama and doesn't show much emotion +/- but it would be nice to see some 'urgency' in his game to let it be known he's after that spot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1