The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So, trades for our RFA's-what's realistic?

Rate this topic

Got the Babych

unless the team already got a committment from the player for a long term extension? probably not as much as you think.. since realistically the only teams that can afford them would not be a capped team/playoff team.. so they probably be rebuilding or still rebuilding.. and by the time they are ready to compete if the rfa leaves they just screwed themselves in the rebuild

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

unless the team already got a committment from the player for a long term extension? probably not as much as you think.. since realistically the only teams that can afford them would not be a capped team/playoff team.. so they probably be rebuilding or still rebuilding.. and by the time they are ready to compete if the rfa leaves they just screwed themselves in the rebuild

That's a good point

Consider nothing, let's make examples out of them and the greedy agents. Reasonable offers or go back to the khl or let them sit for the year.  Only non playoff teams can afford those contracts anyways... if  u want to win then share the cap space. Make it work don't eat all the pie.. if they think they can both win the cup and carry the team on there backs prove it.. score the ot winners get the buzzer beaters. Those clutch plays will get them whatever they want......trade them to Toronto.  Instead of 4 lines they can play beer league style hockey with 5 players and a sub.  Lol

• RoughGame 1

I'd love it if Hughes could go to Arizona for Chychrun (if Petey and Hughes won't both fit under the cap when signed, then sign and trade Hughes).

For Petey, I made the suggestion of Cozens (emerging but not yet full-fledged "#1" C) and Owen Power (top prospect, 6'6" LHD, could blossom into a mobile, all situations type).  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

What I think is not very much either. Was trying to remain neutral.

Edited by Got the Babych

Pety just shot himself in the foot "I wanna play for a team who can make the playoffs and go far every year... what team has that potential.  Unless the core takes a payout.  Or if the gms are smart, before drafting them ask a hyperbolic question. If you became a superstar will you take a paycut and help the team out? If they say no trade down or keep them for 2 years and trade there assess...for couple of draft picks....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I'd love it if Hughes could go to Arizona for Chychrun (if Petey and Hughes won't both fit under the cap when signed, then sign and trade Hughes).

For Petey, I made the suggestion of Cozens (emerging but not yet full-fledged "#1" C) and Owen Power (top prospect, 6'6" LHD, could blossom into a mobile, all situations type).  

Worth a look! I think a pick thrown in from Arizona for Hughes. Don't think Cozens will be Petey, but the package isn't bad.

Edit: Don't pay much attention to the 'Yotes, and underestimated Chychrun. He's really solid and on a good contract. I'm in if you can make it happen.

Edited by Got the Babych
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Can’t imagine Arizona being in the slightest interested.  Chychrun plays both ends of the ice and plays against the opponents best lines.  He’s apparently their only untouchable per Friedman.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1