Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Hamonic + ??? to Anaheim for Josh Manson


Recommended Posts

[proposal] Hamonic + ??? to Anaheim for Josh Manson 

 

Obviously, this post could become null and void later on today if.....

 

1) Hamonic announces his retirement

2) Hamonic opts out for the season 

3) Hamonic rejoins the Canucks

 

However, if there is some validity to the rumor that Hamonic would prefer to play in the U.S., then perhaps the Canucks can look at the Anaheim Ducks and Josh Manson.

 

Manson is a guy that will definitely meet our needs in terms of being a guy that can take on tough defensive assignments on a top pairing role.  He could easily be a guy that you can throw out there with Quinn Hughes or OEL.  The “trickle down” effect of Manson being here would help out our other RD’s considerably.

 

-Myers can go back to being a #4 guy

-Poolman can either go back to an ideal 3rd pairing role, or play on a 2nd pairing in which one of Hughes or OEL could carry that pairing.

-Schenn can go back to being a 7th dman that can fill in on a 3rd pairing when injuries hit.

 

With Petey rumored to having an 8 million AAV + Quinn at 7.75, I’m not entirely sure if we would have enough cap space to accommodate Manson’s 4.1 million AAV (Hamonic’s 3 million would go the other way + perhaps someone like Juolevi? and a 2nd?), but I think this is the move that Benning should make it Hamonic does in fact want to play in the States.

 

 

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Podkolzin

Pearson-Dickinson-Garland

Gadjovich-Petan-Highmore

 

Lockwood

 

Hughes-Manson

OEL-Poolman

Rathbone-Myers

 

Schenn

 

Demko

Halak

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Manson a lot... big tough RHD!!! But looking at his numbers, he has really fallen off a lot both in offensive production and +/- since 2017/18..... 

 

If he can be acquired for a lower tier prospect, I'm in!!

 

I have a feeling Hamonic will opt out today... I wish him and his family all the very best!! It wouldn't be fair to expect him to play like normal when his mind is obviously full of family concerns.... 

  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A Pacific Division team doesn't make much sense for Hamonic (or the team) if he is reluctant to deal with border crossing issues (given that they play 3 Canadian teams in their division, so would only get about 55 - 60 games out of him vs US teams or home games against Canadian teams)

 

A Metropolitan Division team would make more sense  -  e.g. Flyers cross the border just 8 times, so a team would get 73 or 74 games out of him.  Narrows the field to just 8 teams, though, which would make JB's job that much harder to get a trade done.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I think the + has to be our first.  I'd do it if we were able to work out an extension.

ouch. I can't get there. He's 29 already and we'd be buying declining years.

 

ANA is rebuilding tho, so maybe they'd go for a prospect?

  • Cheers 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JM_ said:

ouch. I can't get there. He's 29 already and we'd be buying declining years.

 

ANA is rebuilding tho, so maybe they'd go for a prospect?

That's likely the market value though. He'll get that at the deadline from someone for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

A Pacific Division team doesn't make much sense for Hamonic (or the team) if he is reluctant to deal with border crossing issues (given that they play 3 Canadian teams in their division, so would only get about 55 - 60 games out of him vs US teams or home games against Canadian teams)

 

A Metropolitan Division team would make more sense  -  e.g. Flyers cross the border just 8 times, so a team would get 73 or 74 games out of him.  Narrows the field to just 8 teams, though, which would make JB's job that much harder to get a trade done.

6 given Columbus and the Islanders sending their antivaxxers to the AHL and Sweden respectively.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

That's likely the market value though. He'll get that at the deadline from someone for sure.

yeah thats true. I sure wouldn't mind seeing Myers and Manson on the right side tho.

 

If we're going to trade the 1st I'd like some RFA years in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel any of the following would be on the table for a RD under $3mil:

-2022 picks outside of our 1st, can't see JB giving up his 3rd 1st in a row.

-Juolevi, Woo,  really and D prospect not named Rathbone

-Gadjovich, Lockwood, any forward prospect that isn't Klimovich or Podkolzin

-DiPietro, assuming JB is high on Silvos.

 

Probably not getting much for a package of these parts, but could get a solid stay at home D.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I feel any of the following would be on the table for a RD under $3mil:

-2022 picks outside of our 1st, can't see JB giving up his 3rd 1st in a row.

-Juolevi, Woo,  really and D prospect not named Rathbone

-Gadjovich, Lockwood, any forward prospect that isn't Klimovich or Podkolzin

-DiPietro, assuming JB is high on Silvos.

 

Probably not getting much for a package of these parts, but could get a solid stay at home D.

Woo and Gadjovich are off the table for me, but I'd be willing to move Rathbone.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I feel any of the following would be on the table for a RD under $3mil:

-2022 picks outside of our 1st, can't see JB giving up his 3rd 1st in a row.

-Juolevi, Woo,  really and D prospect not named Rathbone

-Gadjovich, Lockwood, any forward prospect that isn't Klimovich or Podkolzin

-DiPietro, assuming JB is high on Silvos.

 

Probably not getting much for a package of these parts, but could get a solid stay at home D.

This kind of does beg the question though:

 

IF Benning wanted to go ultra aggressive and absolutely roll the dice for this coming year, what kind of RD could we get if we added Klimovich and Rathbone to the mix?  [Note - I am NOT saying that we should do this.  Just pondering outloud].  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

This kind of does beg the question though:

 

IF Benning wanted to go ultra aggressive and absolutely roll the dice for this coming year, what kind of RD could we get if we added Klimovich and Rathbone to the mix?  [Note - I am NOT saying that we should do this.  Just pondering outloud].  

 

 

I'd be calling LA for Matt Roy if either of those 2 are on the table.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

This kind of does beg the question though:

 

IF Benning wanted to go ultra aggressive and absolutely roll the dice for this coming year, what kind of RD could we get if we added Klimovich and Rathbone to the mix?  [Note - I am NOT saying that we should do this.  Just pondering outloud].  

 

 

I'd consider Tanev if Calgary flounders like I expect, but no to adding Klimovich.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I feel any of the following would be on the table for a RD under $3mil:

-2022 picks outside of our 1st, can't see JB giving up his 3rd 1st in a row.

-Juolevi, Woo,  really and D prospect not named Rathbone

-Gadjovich, Lockwood, any forward prospect that isn't Klimovich or Podkolzin

-DiPietro, assuming JB is high on Silvos.

 

Probably not getting much for a package of these parts, but could get a solid stay at home D.

 

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Woo and Gadjovich are off the table for me, but I'd be willing to move Rathbone.

Woo is an untouchable for me too. He is our only notable RHD prospect. Why are we trading him for a RHD? We're not adding depth if we do that and Woo could become the cost controlled stay at home RHD that we're trying to trade for

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the idea, though we are not dealing from a position of leverage in any way. One would guess the additional ask would be steep, considering Hamonic wouldn't be able to play in many games through the season. At least going to the Ducks, one would guess that potential inability to play in the playoffs wouldn't really worry them.

IF Benning and Green believe that Rathbone is ready for the NHL, I could see a scenario where we move OJ and Hamonic as a package including Manson. This gives us the shutdown guy we need, and offloads two guys who may not be working out for us anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My gut feeling says Mark Pysyk:

 

My gut feeling is that the Canucks would make a trade with Buffalo and acquire Mark Pysyk if Hamonic wasn’t in Vancouver’s cards. Either Hamonic straight up for MP, or maybe even someone like Juolevi for MP if Hamonic isn’t playing this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

However, if there is some validity to the rumor that Hamonic would prefer to play in the U.S.

Where on earth did you invent that?!    He wants to protect his daughter from infection so moving/playing in a country that cannot get its act together over the pandemic is his preference?!?!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not interested in the + tbh, I'm not interested in giving up and picks of prospects of note. Particularly the 1st. We're not contenders, we're yet to show we're even a consistent playoff team, we shouldn't be trading it every year. 

 

I'd sooner find a placeholder on a one year deal via UFA than move assets. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...