The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 15 players - Oct. 01, 2021

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

I think there will be a team that will take a look at Montembeault.

I think Juulsen is basically like Madison Bowey. But with Hamonic's decision looming, I'd take a look. If there are other options later, we can just waive Juulsen again.

I'd give Juulsen a look too... local boy, still so young, got size with a RH shot...

Speaking of Bowey, how's he looking so far?? if he can't step up to take over Hamonic's spot, he never will stick in the NHL! 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I don't think Juulsen is used as a pressure point - the guys already been with two teams in his short career. I have no idea why his stock has fallen so much, especially with his original descent in the draft.

Didn't he take a puck(or 2) to the face? Seem to recall eye/concussion issues, & believe this kid has been through quite a lot in the pro game already.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Juulsen as a possible Hamonic replacement?

I'd personally rather go after Mark Pysyk in Buffalo if Hamonic is a no go.    Juulsen just seems like to big of a risk in terms of his health, development, etc.  

I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Juulsen, but not as a Hamonic replacement.  

Maybe a Juolevi for Pysyk deal would be feasible if we are destined to waive Juolevi anyways. 

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Why? smaller than all our other LHD, 0 room on the NHL club, makes 0 sense for the Canucks

He's a BC boy and former captain of the Royals so people on CDC are going to overvalue him.

Nothing against the player but this board drastically overhypes any local kid when it comes to potentially bringing them onto the Canucks just because they're local kids.

1 hour ago, NHL'er said:

Claim Megna, Fedun and Dalpe for old times sake? 

I think this is the wrong Megna though. Canucks had Jayson, this is Jaycob.

Still good enough for Willie though, he would play he all game.

37 minutes ago, McBackup said:

He's a BC boy and former captain of the Royals so people on CDC are going to overvalue him.

Nothing against the player but this board drastically overhypes any local kid when it comes to potentially bringing them onto the Canucks just because they're local kids.

That and he represented Canada at the WJHC.  Loved him as a a Royal and hope he has a good career in hockey, but he's not the right type of player for the Canucks.

5 hours ago, 250Integra said:

I remember when lots of people wanted Noah Juulsen and we ended up drafting Brock Boeser. Good thing.

I was probably one of those people. I remember being offended at drafting someone named Brock. Lets just say, I've grown since then. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I don't think Juulsen is used as a pressure point - the guys already been with two teams in his short career. I have no idea why his stock has fallen so much, especially with his original descent in the draft.

Injuries, D+1 had reconstructive surgery on his knee and hasn't been thr same since

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, 250Integra said:

I remember when lots of people wanted Noah Juulsen and we ended up drafting Brock Boeser. Good thing.

Can’t imagine why people wanted Juulsen when Bo Horvats cousin Travis Konecny who was ranked to go early teens fell to the Canucks pick around 10 picks later than he should have gone. Konecny I remember was the guy I was pulling for that draft. However Button’s remarks on Boeser and saying he was a top 10 guy that draft for him put my mind at ease with our choice.