The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Preseason] Vancouver @ Calgary Friday, Oct. 1/21 6:00 PM PST

Rate this topic

-AJ-

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

That’s awesome….. :(

Hey, you're back...  my arguments/60 had gone way down, so much so that I had to venture out into the Off-Topic General section.  Don't go there! 

Just now, Pure961089 said:

I’ll admit it, the Rathbone Schenn combo isn’t working out.  Juolevi had himself a great game.  Kept it simple, didn’t over extend. Rathbone didn’t look great tonight. 

I have said this since game 1. They haven't meshed well 5v5. 

I'd start playing both OJ/Rathbone with Myers full-time these next few games and see how it goes. OJ is already with Myers on the PK and sometimes when we've needed offense Rathbone has been out there with Myers.

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Just needs some time adapting to the league. The KHL isn't as structured as the NHL & he needs time working with the coaches.

Just start him on the 3rd line and let him work through that adjustment. He'll be fine.

People are overreacting in saying he should go the AHL.

I personally think he can manage the NHL, but a few games in he AHL won't kill him.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Virtanen just wasn't coachable like Podkolzin is. (Not even close)

Podkolzin has structure things to learn but has strength, talent & drive to play at this level. KHL isn't as structured as the NHL.

I think he should stay in the NHL and the coaches can work with him.

How do we know how coachable Podz is? Just because he's more obedient doesn't mean he's coachable. 

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I have said this since game 1. They haven't meshed well 5v5. 

I'd start playing both OJ/Rathbone with Myers full-time these next few games and see how it goes. OJ is already with Myers on the PK and sometimes when we've needed offense Rathbone has been out there with Myers.

Myers and Rathbone played well together the time they had together.  

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Podkolzin needs to be on a checking line. I had low expectations for him but he's not even meeting those, despite playing with good players. He needs to activate his grinding game. 

Agreed.  One game , but he wasn't coming out of the corner with the puck as often as advertised. Just something for him to work on . An off night imo

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2