The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 25 players - Oct. 02, 2021

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Isn't Cale Fleury the guy they took from Montreal?  What a brutal expansion draft.

And Connor Carrick is the guy they took from New Jersey.  Just waiting for them to waive Kole Lind.  That would be epic...

Teams are trying to sneak good players through now while other GM’s are still evaluating their own prospects. Montresl did the same thing with Vejdemo. He’s almost NHL ready  but won’t crack the roster just yet.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Cale/Kale's

Sounds like the next pandemic to hit the world in a decade or two. KalesCales syndrome.

It likely would be a form of psoriasis I would guess.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree. Didn’t Quinn say he liked playing the right side?  If so why not at least try him out there. Didn’t Erik Karlsson play primarily on the right side?

There are many more options for D partners for Quinn who are LHD. I think we should explore that versus trying to find a RHD. 

Don't think coach Green likes guys on their off side unless it is absolutely necessary ie: injuries. Karlsson is a right shot D so he is playing on his normal side, maybe he played LHD at some point tho?

57 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I want the Avs to somehow get Fleury and Clague so that half of their D-men are named Cale/Kale.

They should collect all the Cale/Kale's. 

all part of mackinnon's diet enforcement.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe the entire Red Army team including all the forwards were left shots.  It was incredible.  I guess they didn't teach players to shoot right until the 80's.

Green, for whatever reason, doesn't like to play guys on their off wing.  Even Podkolzin is playing left wing right now.  Quinn is all over the ice so it doesn't really matter what side he plays really.  We could get a LHD who is also comfortable on the right side to play with him. 

Maybe Tryamkin is available...  <_<

He needs to stop with this silly nonsense. Many players are quite well-versed to play on their off-wing. Garland, despite his brilliance in Arizona, has looked quite ineffective in Green's system so far. Even Podkolzin looks lost. We keep getting outplayed/outshot. Something is off with his system/philosophy.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

He needs to stop with this silly nonsense. Many players are quite well-versed to play on their off-wing. Garland, despite his brilliance in Arizona, has looked quite ineffective in Green's system so far. Even Podkolzin looks lost. We keep getting outplayed/outshot. Something is off with his system/philosophy.

I noticed that as well.  If this team gets off to a lousy start I can see Green getting the axe quite quickly.  There is no reason this team cannot make the playoffs this year.  Benning had an incredible summer really.  It's up to Green now to put the pieces into place.  I'm not sure he is the guy to do that.  I never felt that he was from the very beginning.  I hope I am wrong though because it would be a disaster if we had to find a new coach mid season.

• Cheers 3

I like the idea of taking a flyer on Cale Fleury.

And, unless there are injuries (other than Gourde), then Seattle will need to waive at least one of these guys in order to reach a 23-man roster:

Sheahan, Bastian, Blackwell, Geekie, Lauzon, H Fleury, Borgen

We should try to pick up whomever of that group is waived as they could be a fill-in 4C or a depth RD.