The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp Apps and Desktops Crash Throughout the World on Monday

Elias Pettersson

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

They had shut down for a sec to rejig their algorithms, in light of the whistleblower pointing out that they were designed to stimulate hate. 

Wasn't it already well established that these platforms and others are designed this way? Rage invokes more engagement.

Surprised a whistleblower is needed, but hopefully it brings some change, as unlikely as that is.

Edited by Master Mind

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

Wasn't it already well established that these platforms and others are designed this way? Rage invokes more engagement.

I agree and think is was, but to confirm it from the inside is another level. Purposely driving the divide.

It's still so strange to me.

I have never used any of these platforms.

I know I'm not alone in that but it is so strange to realise that soo many people out there are reliant on these in their everyday lives. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree and think is was, but to confirm it from the inside is another level. Purposely driving the divide.

It's still so strange to me.

I have never used any of these platforms.

I know I'm not alone in that but it is so strange to realise that soo many people out there are reliant on these in their everyday lives. 

They'll do whatever it takes to get a few more clicks. News platforms too, it's sad. Let's hope CDC never gets like this.

I have FB as a means to keep in contact with family, but never post. I definitely don't see the appeal with instagram. I'm sure you're happier than you realize with not being on those sites :lol:

• Cheers 1