The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2021-22

Nail

25 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I think this will be the 5th time in the past 5 years I've lost a CDC league by a single point.

I hate the standard fantasy playoffs format for cases like this -- losing because my Bolts didn't screw around, and won their series in 4.

Yeah, and conversely, when Avs blew their lead in game 5, I knew that didn't bode well for you.

I love how there are basically 2 games in these leagues - regular season and playoffs. But yeah, sometimes the playoff format is a cruel beast. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Yeah, and conversely, when Avs blew their lead in game 5, I knew that didn't bode well for you.

I love how there are basically 2 games in these leagues - regular season and playoffs. But yeah, sometimes the playoff format is a cruel beast. 

Yeah that's what's annoying. I'd have been better off if my Tampa players blew a lead like that too.

Doesn't make a ton of sense for me to want my players to lose.

• Huggy Bear 2

An update to our Round 3 roster:

Vegas Golden Knights Playoff Roster

Chris Kreider - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Frank Vatrano

Nicolas Aube-Kubel - Martin Kaut

Bowen Byram - Josh Manson

Cal Foote

Good luck @Gally

• Like 1

Conditional Pick Updates:

To BOS - Antti Raanta (50% retained by Los Angeles for 2021-22 season)

To LAK - Jaroslav Halak, BOS 2022 5th Round Pick*

*Conditional: Pick only transfers if Raanta gets a playoff win. If Raanta gets a playoff win, Boston makes Round 3 in FL and Carolina makes Round 3 in the NHL, pick upgrades to BOS 2022 4th Round Pick

Raanta had a playoff win however the second condition has not been met. BOS 2022 5th Round Pick will transfer to Los Angeles.

To NJD - David Savard, SJS 2022 5th Round Pick*

To SJS - Future Considerations

*If David Savard is traded by NJ before the 2022 Entry Draft, SJS 2022 5th Round Pick does not transfer*

David Savard has already had his rights released by New Jersey, meaning he cannot be traded and SJS 2022 5th Round Pick will transfer to New Jersey.

We have a trade to announce...

To NJD - Mackenzie Blackwood, Jesper Eliasson, Tristan Lennox

To SJS - Stelio Mattheos, Nolan Allan, Jonathan Aspirot, STL 2022 3rd Round Pick (73rd overall), SEA 2022 5th Round Pick (136th overall)

• Cheers 1

NJ Draft Update:

New Jersey Devils: Mackenzie Blackwood Back Into Calder Contention?

Heading into draft weekend we were happy to announce the team has acquired 25 year old Mackenzie Blackwood. A player our management staff has been high on since our arrival in NJ. For those of you who know my other league history you know I have been a strong believer in Mackenzie since his draft year and have supported him throughout the years. Unfortunately in order to contend elsewhere I had to move him to bring in some playoff pieces! We are thrilled to bring him on board here in NJ! We really feel he has an opportunity over the next few years to really establish himself as the guy in NJ. 

Unfortunately injuries and unexpected retirements to his primary goaltending partners has caused some up and down play by both him and the Devils as a whole. Bad luck is bound to end though and we remain confident he will find his footing to take that next step as an nhl starter for years to come!

On the draft front.. We currently have picks 4 and 11 in the first round. We are open to sliding back from 4 and possibly moving up from 11 if an opportunity were to present itself. We feel comfortable where we are seated but are open to both move ups and move downs. Adrian Kempe our leading goal scorer and 350 fantasy point winger is a player we have had calls on. We would entertain offers if they made us younger and better. Whether that be a collection of picks or a really good young player of similar value but still has lots of team control. Kempe sits on a 3.4M cap hit atm for 2 more season. Kempe provides great veteran leadership and most importantly points for our club as we look to contend. So there is no rush for us to consider moving him. He might be a keeper time shall tell.

Cheers,

NJ GM

Rush17

31 minutes ago, Nail said:

GM Hiring:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have hired @Gator as their newest GM!

Welcome to the league!

We are extremely excited to start a new chapter as GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins!

We would like to thank @Nail for the hire, and also @Mike Vanderhoek for leaving me a team with a solid young core. 

Our plan is to retool this squad and build around our youth. We are open to trading guys 28 and older, amd may be open to moving younger guys as well if you have someone we may like more in that age range. We are not looking to tear things down, we feel we have a squad that can compete year after year. However, we would like to add a few picks in the next couple of drafts, as we have 0 in the tank atm :frantic:

Anyone that knows me, knows I love to talk trade, so hit me up if there's anyone of interest. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

We are extremely excited to start a new chapter as GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins!

We would like to thank @Nail for the hire, and also @Mike Vanderhoek for leaving me a team with a solid young core. 

Our plan is to retool this squad and build around our youth. We are open to trading guys 28 and older, amd may be open to moving younger guys as well if you have someone we may like more in that age range. We are not looking to tear things down, we feel we have a squad that can compete year after year. However, we would like to add a few picks in the next couple of drafts, as we have 0 in the tank atm :frantic:

Anyone that knows me, knows I love to talk trade, so hit me up if there's anyone of interest. Cheers!

I went with this

On Fire What GIF

Currently in talks about moving Joel Farabee. If anyone is interested feel free to reach out. A deal could be done by end of day.

We are also shopping Drake Batherson. We are not in any serious discussions involving him, but hope to be in the coming days. It would take a very good offer to pry him away, so keep that in mind when coming in with an offer :lol:

Cheers!

Edited by Gator
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gator said:

Currently in talks about moving Joel Farabee. If anyone is interested feel free to reach out. A deal could be done by end of day.

We are also shopping Drake Batherson. We are not in any serious discussions involving him, but hope to be in the coming days. It would take a very good offer to pry him away, so keep that in mind when coming in with an offer :lol:

Cheers!

What's the price on Batherson? Kid stinks like a rusty sock but I'd consider giving you Piet Ratchuk for him.

• Huggy Bear 2

NTC/NMC lists have been sent out to all GMs via PM. I used the same PM that the lists were sent in last period, however I just realized I did not check to ensure that GMs were still in the conversation.. If you did not get a PM from me just now, let me know and I can send you the updated screenshot in a new PM.