The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 29 players - Oct. 06, 2021

38 minutes ago, laddie said:

Our current lines this morning and I would choose McKeown over Burroughs. He had Covid in September so just started to play in Colorado but would be a low risk acquisition.

Garland-Pettersson-Chiasson

Pearson-Horvat-Höglander

Petan-Miller-Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe-Dickinson-Dowling

Extras: MacEwen, Bailey

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Poolman

Rathbone-Schenn

Hunt-Burroughs

Demko Halak

He would bring the Linden Vey trade full circle as LA picked him with that 2nd.  

I just look at his stats in Charlotte,and they were outstanding.  He was buried by better, more experienced players in Carolina.  He has good size, is right handed, and may be a guy who just needs the right opportunity.  Worst case we lose him on waivers if he doesn;t fit, or he helps our RHD depth in Abby.

• Thanks 1

If Lind gets taken I'd take Fogarty if Sutter's out for an extended period of time and the team doesn't want Petan to be the 4th C (6'3", 204 lb., RH, and can play C, plus his FO% was around 58%).  Of course, also hope Gadjovich makes it through.

Very disappointed to see a guy who gave his all in preseason get waived. Especially one with the tools/play style we’ve sorrily missed that makes a big difference in tight games. I really hope he doesn’t get claimed and we see him this season getting the call up to the big club.

On a slight side note: Does anyone know of any website that has preseason stats? I can’t find anything and I’d like to take a look at how he’s done comparatively within our team.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Can’t believe we kept a bunch of AHL journeymen who didn’t even have great camps over Gadjovich.

Im not gonna even follow our prospects anymore. Benning just loves throwing away picks and prospects.

A bit early for this much vitriol; Gadje could clear; it is the busiest waiver wire day so far, isn't it?

Also, that 'bunch of AHL journeymen' are not all going to be on the team anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm blaming Green here, who likely had a lot of input.  Beyond furious right now; no one in their right mind looks at Petan and thinks he has any hope of being an NHLer.

Stupid decision.

Players like Petan literally go on waivers all the time.

Yet we chose to throw away a 22 year old who looks to be ready for a guy like DiGiuseppe?

What the hell are they smoking?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

A bit early for this much vitriol; Gadje could clear; it is the busiest waiver wire day so far, isn't it?

Also, that 'bunch of AHL journeymen' are not all going to be on the team anyway.

None of them should be on the team though.

In reality, did anyone watch the game last night and think "I really wish Gadj was playing, that would have changed things"? Likely not. Nothing against the guy, but if he goes he goes. There have been a few other players in camp who have stood out more than Gadj. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1