The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Score craps on the Canucks playoffs chances

Rate this topic

grandmaster

11 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

...when you find a "HOT" BC girl let us all know because I can count on one hand the number of so called HOT girls I've ever seen in Vancouver in decades.  This isn't Montreal you know,

All i can say is i see beautiful women everywhere i go.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheNewGM said:

the team has not looked good so far.. but it hasnt been the team.. tonight is a good look at what our team might be

On the other side, I’ve seen the Canucks kill it in pre seasons of the past but stink it up in the regular season. 

Training camp and pre-season is meant to test new things and see who can gel well with who. The real test is about a month into the season with a set roster. 

Also, do not forget 1/3 of this team is based on new players. It takes a bit of time to learn a new system/coach/team mates. 

Edited by grandmaster

8 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

There are a ton of questions around the Oil and Leafs... what are you even talking about lol.

You think the hockey world hasn't been laughing at the Leafs for not being able to do anything in the playoffs over the last several years with their new core?

Or the talk about how even McDavid hasn't been able to purify the waters in Edmonton?

What bubble are you living in?

Avs are talked up because they are built like a juggernaut, at least on paper, and anybody paying attention knows they aren't very far away from breaking through (who knows, maybe they never do, but it's clear they have all the pieces).

Imagine getting this worked up over forgetting to read properly. MEDIA is what i said. Not hockey world. 

Also before asking what world someone else lives in, Look at majority of your own posts my friend

On 10/6/2021 at 1:48 PM, CanucksJay said:

What's funny is we have some of the most critical ppl here on CDC. Not a peep from the usual critics regarding OEL and a lot of praise from everyone else. There really hasn't been any polarizing views on OEL which leads me to believe there is jot much to criticize. 

That's usually a pretty good sign. 

OEL has looked like our best player in preseason.  If he plays like that, he could walk onto most top pairings and definitely second pairings in the NHL... meaning that we have our proverbial top pairing d-man that everybody wants and demands for that money.  

On 10/6/2021 at 1:23 PM, grandmaster said:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2197127

The full article link is above. Goes on about each teams chances of beating out the Golden Knights for the Pacific Division. This idiot couldn’t help himself. I hope the Canucks prove him wrong!

I didn’t copy and paste it all but I copied and pasted the part pertaining to the Canucks:

I don't want anything to do with the Canucks (+1400) this season. Their forwards are solid, and I love Thatcher Demko in goal, but I just can't look past their defense core. It is, in a word, horrible. Oliver Ekman-Larsson is a shell of his former self. Tyler Myers is overpaid and overused. Tucker Poolman, Travis Hamonic, and Luke Schenn are a third pairing at best. It's Quinn Hughes, who does have shortcomings defensively, and a bunch of "blah." This team is going to be in tough to make the playoffs, let alone contend for a division title.

:picard:

yeah ok.........  little sight from little minds that proves me right again and again against the pathetic media writers who label themselves experts which is sooooo laughable but some some odd reason here in Vancouver, we have had way more than our share for some reason. 

I guess the odd saying that goes something like this is always true to that point..

"If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bu ll shi t" applies.. same ole chit, different day.. 

Edited by iceman64

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

OEL has looked like our best player in preseason.  If he plays like that, he could walk onto most top pairings and definitely second pairings in the NHL... meaning that we have our proverbial top pairing d-man that everybody wants and demands for that money.  

Yeah and in a CPL of years when top pairing D are going for a lot more money, that contract will keep giving. We deserve one after LE took a vacation as soon as he arrived...  

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

OEL is a legit number 1 on a lot of teams.

Edited by EddieVedder
  • Vintage 2

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yes.   One could say we have OEL, QHs and Myers as legitimate top four D's.   If scoring is the only metric, then we have a top 5 league wide D, and two in the 40-60 range.   Which would make them both legit number twos.  

Of course that's not how it goes.   Defense also matters....And QHs has a ton to prove in that regard this year.    OEL is a blue chip veteran, just like Myers is.   And has a chip on his shoulder after the last four years in ARI.   Feel he's going to be our best D for at least 3 years .... nothing against QHs but he's no OEL (yet)...Lidstrom comparisons early on were actually pretty legit  (for OEL).   Before Tochett, guy just went about his business and did everything right, nothing top top tier, but everything right.    Pre-season ... well look at how well he runs a PP.    Plays the body well, smooth effortless skater ... not much not to like.    Guy could be an absolute steal at 7.5 in this market. 

• Cheers 1

On 10/6/2021 at 1:23 PM, grandmaster said:

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2197127

The full article link is above. Goes on about each teams chances of beating out the Golden Knights for the Pacific Division. This idiot couldn’t help himself. I hope the Canucks prove him wrong!

I didn’t copy and paste it all but I copied and pasted the part pertaining to the Canucks:

I don't want anything to do with the Canucks (+1400) this season. Their forwards are solid, and I love Thatcher Demko in goal, but I just can't look past their defense core. It is, in a word, horrible. Oliver Ekman-Larsson is a shell of his former self. Tyler Myers is overpaid and overused. Tucker Poolman, Travis Hamonic, and Luke Schenn are a third pairing at best. It's Quinn Hughes, who does have shortcomings defensively, and a bunch of "blah." This team is going to be in tough to make the playoffs, let alone contend for a division title.

:picard:

and appearantly the rest of the big name media says we're not even going to make the playoffs, how stupid could they possibly be? all from seeing what we have put on the ice in pre-season as if it has any bearing whatsoever on the team that will be set for the season and losing to teams icing almost a full NHL roster against "some" roster guys and our prospects.. one has to wonder if they even bother thinking before writing their usual useless crap... unbelievable, simply no brains required to be a media "analyst" these days appearantly, and I've seen better threads put together by CDC'rs with twice as many brains as the media... 

Alright everyone. 

Are the Canucks making the playoffs? 

I feel like it's a no brainer but maybe I have tunnel vision? 

I'm risk adverse but I'm about to place a big bet (relatively speaking) 

What am I missing here? 

One of the deepest forward groups we have ever seen. 

A little questionable on RD. 

Solid goaltending

Weak Pacific division... 

Am I missing something? 

51 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Alright everyone. 

Are the Canucks making the playoffs? 

I feel like it's a no brainer but maybe I have tunnel vision? 

I'm risk adverse but I'm about to place a big bet (relatively speaking) 

What am I missing here? 

One of the deepest forward groups we have ever seen. 

A little questionable on RD. 

Solid goaltending

Weak Pacific division... 

Am I missing something? 

Yahoo has the Canucks surprising the division and getting second. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Yahoo has the Canucks surprising the division and getting second. 

It's pretty polarizing... 

Money puck has Canucks chances at 38% to make the playoffs... 

I look at this team and don't see how we would miss.. 

To be honest though, I thought that last year as well... 

13 minutes ago, mll said:

Every model looks to have Vancouver out of a playoff spot (incl. wildcard).  Most models probably have Hamonic, Sutter and Motte in their lineups.

What is this model seeing that I'm missing? 

Why are they expected to do so badly?