The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Carey Price voluntarily entering the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program

Rate this topic

Per TSN

Puzzling development.  Been a weird off-season.  First we learned he wasn't going to be protected.  Then suddenly had a knee injury that might make him miss a part of the season.  Afterward was going to be ready to the start, until training camp when they said he would most likely not be ready.  And now this.  

Edited by timberz21

Wow.  The last few days he hasn’t been at camp and the team said it was a non covid illness.  Guess there was more to the story 

Wishing Price all the best with whatever he’s struggling with 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, iwtl said:

I hope his camp doesn't make a statement as quite frankly it's none of anyone's business as to what the issue is.

I'm glad he is receiving help and wish well and privacy as he makes that journey. 

I respect whatever he chooses to disclose.  Telling people what he's going through could help someone get the help they need though, but of course he's entitled to his privacy.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

Glad that whatever the issue is he has recognized that he needs help and that help is available.  I wish him well, his life is so much bigger than playing hockey, he has a family as well that is impacted by his health and wellness.  

Is it required that entrance into the program be made public or is that a player/team decision?   

I hope he takes whatever time he needs to address / be treated for whatever the issue is.  

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I respect whatever he chooses to disclose.  Telling people what he's going through could help someone get the help they need though, but of course he's entitled to his privacy.

Agreed .... and if part of his journey has him self disclose he would be an excellent role model for seeking help no matter what the health issue is.

I just cringe at tge media race to find out the why. 

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Wonder if it is just coincidence, or is Montreal a hard place to work.?

Drouin needed a break, and some sort of help

Price needs a break and some sort of help

Canadian market ruining players?

Drouin’s issue had nothing to do with playing in Montreal.  He has had anxiety issues going back years.  It just finally came to a head.  Players are people and sometimes they have struggles.especially now. Making a tenuous statement about Canadian markets ruining players is myopic

• Cheers 1

Just now, iwtl said:

Agreed .... and if part of his journey has him self disclose he would be an excellent role model for seeking help no matter what the health issue is.

I just cringe at tge media race to find out the why. 

The media was very respectful of Drouin’s privacy. I expect this will be no different 

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Drouin’s issue had nothing to do with playing in Montreal.  He has had anxiety issues going back years.  It just finally came to a head.  Players are people and sometimes they have struggles.especially now. Making a tenuous statement about Canadian markets ruining players is myopic

And flat out denying it could be enabling.  Myopia right back at yah!

44 minutes ago, gurn said:

Wonder if it is just coincidence, or is Montreal a hard place to work.?

Drouin needed a break, and some sort of help

Price needs a break and some sort of help

Canadian market ruining players?

Nah it's the taxes.   But joking aside.   At some point an athlete might start looking at what matters more then a Stanley cup if something is wrong with their family or group or something.    So appreciate that Carey Price needs a break. 

• Upvote 1