The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Oilers Oct 7th 6 PM

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

4 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Yup I’ll blame his ridiculous bag skate and giving long looks to these poverty players that have no chance of playing for us 

For sure. What is this Edmonton’s third game playing their full lineup? And they don’t even have as many new faces as we do. I’m hoping for a good start but I’m expecting a slow one.

• Cheers 1

This place should be a blast post game. Huggys first game back, Paired with poolman. You know damn well all the salty sallys who trashed tucker will be looking for any ammo tonight. 

I for one am soo stoked to see EP and huggy again. Feels like forever

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

For sure. What is this Edmonton’s third game playing their full lineup? And they don’t even have as many new faces as we do. I’m hoping for a good start but I’m expecting a slow one.

the problem is that situations with pettersson, hughes, hamonic, sutter, motte, boeser, and to a lesser extent bailey changed the priority of camp from gelling early to evaluating who was going to plug the holes. it's unfortunate, but extenuating circumstances means plans have to change sometimes. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, tas said:

the problem is that situations with pettersson, hughes, hamonic, sutter, motte, boeser, and to a lesser extent bailey changed the priority of camp from gelling early to evaluating who was going to plug the holes. it's unfortunate, but extenuating circumstances means plans have to change sometimes. 

We’ve known those players won’t be available for a while now though. I feel we’re still dressing players that have no chance of making the team right now.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I think, Canucks should at lest have the starting lines figured out and be playing them for the last 2 preseason games so they’re ready.

A slow season start will be Coach Greens fault. Also if Canucks gets any too many men penalties this season Coach Green should have too pay a 10 thousand dollar dumbass fined.

get this Canuck Machine going.

Go Canucks Go

Edited by HockeyHarry

16 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

We’ve known those players won’t be available for a while now though. I feel we’re still dressing players that have no chance of making the team right now.. 

They don't think they've no chance, neither does Green, nor JB, else they'd be at Abbotsford Training camp now.  You know something they dont?

Green still deciding which AHLers he likes best?

Seriously why aren’t we icing a full lineup? This team is only gonna get one game together to gel?

Difference between an experienced coach like Tippett and one like Green. Green thinks he can cram chemistry together on the last day of preseason. It seems like he still has no clue what his lines will be.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Googlie said:

They don't think they've no chance, neither does Green, nor JB, else they'd be at Abbotsford Training camp now.  You know something they dont?

Lol I’m sharing my opinion on the subject in a forum. No need to be passive aggressive. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Burroughs, Focht and Dries.

while I feel like burroughs has performed on par with juolevi, hunt, and schenn and is likely still in the mix for those bottom 3 defensive spots, I suspect for the other two it's probably a matter of giving rest to other guys or perhaps having them focused on and practicing other things rather than playing the game. I could definitely be wrong and the motives could be different, but that would be my guess. 

4 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Mac and focht have done nothing at all this whole preseason, don’t understand why they are still around 

Those two will also get cut and I believe that Mac will have to go through waivers, but Focht won't.  Don't quote me on this.