The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Oilers Oct 7th 6 PM

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

Im assuming Green wants to see how some of these guys step up when they’re significantly outmatched.

Which Im fine with but we’re at the second to last game now. The decision should be down to one or two guys now. Not like 6 or 7 guys…

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Im assuming Green wants to see how some of these guys step up when they’re significantly outmatched.

Which Im fine with but we’re at the second to last game now. The decision should be down to one or two guys now. Not like 6 or 7 guys…

Yeah, I'd like to see a full lineup with the last three games to go so that the team can gel and be ready out of the game, considering how important a good start is to opening the season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I gotta feeling its going to be a game filled with dumb penalties. It’ll be penalty killing practice. 

Sure hope not or we are doomed. Three or less PP's for Edmonton and we have a chance but I don't like our chances if it is more than three.

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Yeah, I'd like to see a full lineup with the last three games to go so that the team can gel and be ready out of the game, considering how important a good start is to opening the season. 

so would travis green. trouble is, they've yet to have a full lineup available to them. 

2 minutes ago, tas said:

if oilers win by any less than 4 goals, it's a win for the Canucks.

I never knew that rule...I think we should go over and challenge some of the point totals from some of our past seasons then. 

We should have made the playoffs way more often then.

• Haha 1

The Green Report on 650 right now:

Thoughts on battles between players:

"Hard decisions, the way camp played out/without guys, we're really not going to get our group together until the last game"

"Half that are close to being on the team, the other half battling"

How much stock do you put into one game:

"For sure guys can help their cause...big thing is playing to your strengths, we have players in different spots but they still need to play their game"

Petey and Quinn have to get "up to speed" quickly:

"They're going to be rusty...Petey missed a lot (30 games or so)...they're putting in a lot of work in practice"

Bailey?

"Big body, skates well...a shame he didn't get into camp...he'll be rusty/not much practice time.  Hasn't had game time for awhile".

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Who did Gadj p-off to be put on waivers?

He is better and has more potential than those ahl’ers we have playing tonight.

I love this coaching staff. (Greener pastures) ?

Obviously Green thinks the skill Gadjovic brings is a dime a dozen.