The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sharks claim Jonah Gadjovich off waivers

2 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Whats the point of drafting these guys if they're never given a chance? Another high pick wasted smh 

Only 12% of 3rd Round Draft picks make the NHL. Perhaps DiPietro and Klimavich are our 12%.

17 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I do, I just believe there were others who could have been cut before him, and like I posted earlier, this move could have been more strategic.

If he goes to waivers again and we can pick him up that’d be great. He was one of the few prospects that was really putting it all together. 

But then he wouldn't have been in Abbotsford.

Abbotsford = waivers. There was no getting around that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, aGENT said:

But then he wouldn't have been in Abbotsford.

Abbotsford = waivers. There was no getting around that.

You’re right. Sorry, I’m just disappointed in it all and maybe seeing this move with my blinders on

4 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

"Well you know, we really liked Jonah, and you know he's a really tough player, but you know, we couldn't find space for him after we signed Alex (Chiasson) and you know, we wish him all the best on the Sharks, you know"- Jim Benning.

"You know" when i here him talk like that i wish he'd say nothing instead, or at least prepare his speech better

2 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

What are they supposed to do? Sit him in the pressbox or force him into the top 12 when they don't feel that's where he belongs? It's unfortunate but that's the business.

Play him in preseason would be a start. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1