The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Who will be the Most Valuable Player for the Vancouver Canucks in 2021-2022?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Who will be the Most Valuable Player for the Vancouver Canucks in 2021-2022?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreed with OEL, been hoping for him to return to being a #1 stabilizing workhorse D, and if he returns to that form it's honestly a steal at $7 million.  If he and Poolman will form a strong, big-minute pair we're probably golden.

HM to Demko (going to need him to bail out our defense as there's still been breakdowns), also going to say Dickinson (brought him in to be a defensive stopper, him shoring things up for us in our own zone would go a long way).  

Edited by Phil_314
  • Upvote 1

EP40 for me. I think he really wants too prove hes a top top NHLer. I predict a huge season from Petey. He’ll have an incredible regular season, olympics, and playoffs.

“Petey will be EPIC”

31F715EA-E2E5-49AC-A90F-A9489778AF41.gif

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

I say OEL as he’s instrumental to our success. If he has a great year the Canucks will have a great year. 
Petey is the natural MVP and will probably be that also.
But OEL is the one that decides the future. 

Aside from a Swede ... who else would you take?    Demko and Halak decide our future as much as anyone does as well.   OEL for sure is a great pick as is EP... so is BB, so is Horvat,  even Podz.   I'd say Gadjovich but now he's a stupid Shark.  Dickhole.  Now i get your Dahlen obsession so all is forgiven. 

I'd say it has to be Petey.   If he's not then something went wrong.

I think people have unrealistic expectations from OEL. I'd be happy if he could be an Edler+.   Eat minutes, work the second PP unit, but not shoot the puck into shin pads, get the puck through to the net more often.  Some are hoping he's going to rise like a Swedish Phoenix, and be reborn as OEL of a decade ago.  How many times has this ever panned out with other older vets? If he simply does not regress, and plays the same standard as he is now, for at least a few years, would be a win. I'm pleased with OEL so far.  Just keep doing what you're doing.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Aside from a Swede ... who else would you take?    Demko and Halak decide our future as much as anyone does as well.   OEL for sure is a great pick as is EP... so is BB, so is Horvat,  even Podz.   I'd say Gadjovich but now he's a stupid Shark.  Dickhole.  Now i get your Dahlen obsession so all is forgiven. 

Demko is the obvious answer. Halek is important but not as Demko. 
Still, if OEL turns out to be the new Schmidt on the team we can miss the playoff… 

18 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I expect it’ll be Petey, assuming he stays healthy and plays the full season. It just might not be obvious, until you dig into his analytics, which I expect to put him head and shoulders above any other Canuck (with Hughes second and returning to his rookie season performance levels).

I’m expecting a return to his sophomore season form, and that version of Pettersson is elite.

Top-10 player in the league IMO (and the stats back this up), when you consider all the value he brings to the ice.

I’m also expecting big years from Horvat and Boeser, Demko to play like a top-10 starter, and a bounce back year from OEL.

But Petey should be our superstar MVP.

OEL just needed a change of scenery, ARI would have been the worst place to play hockey but kudos on him for trying but I'd have lost interest playing on that team too. A bounce back is simply for getting back to playing hockey where it's fun for a change, Arizona? can't think of it being any fun to play there. 

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Gads for choosing to further his career is a biz decision, lighten up dude! lol dickhole is a bit over the top no? I was sad to see him leave too BUT I don't see any reason to call him names for doing what he thinks is best...

Edited by iceman64

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

Not his choice, although he may be fine with it.

CBA

While I am as ticked as most everyone else about losing Gads, the waivers worked exactly as they were intended. If a player is deemed to be good enough to play in the show teams can’t hide him in the minors anymore.  Obviously sucks for us but a great opportunity for Gads or any other player picked up on the waiver wire. 

Now back to the MVP for this year…I’m going to go with @CaptKirk888 and say BB6. If Jason King can get the pp figured out, OEL and Huggy distributing the puck and putting it on net; and somewhat more balanced lines 5 on 5, this could be Brock’s best year ever.