The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jaroslav Halak named to Team Slovakia’s Olympic Roster

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Congrats Halak! Great to have him on our team, especially after following his career starting in MTL - that season to remember when he was going toe-to-toe with Price. 

I love that he gets to rock his Demitra tribute mask at the Olympics if he does not opt to wear one with Slovakian colours. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Canucks should be well represented. off the top of my head I can think of about 8 guys that should at least be in the mix for their respective teams. 

jaro for slovakia

petey and oel for sweden

bo for canada

brock, quinn, demmer and maybe even millsy for usa

11 hours ago, grumpyone said:

just how many NHL teams can claim that BOTH starting goalies are going to the Olympics for their respective countries?

A bit different from what you are saying but it is interesting that both starting goalies in the 2010 gold medal game started for the Canucks, just not at the same time.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

But he will be the one on faceoff dots. Bo migjt be picked because of his crazy high FO% and ability to play a 2 way game.

i don't doubt he'll take a lot of draws, particularly in the defensive zone. I could also see him being deployed as a penalty killer based on the general perception of his game even though he doesn't nornally do much of it. that said, 2/3rds (at least) of canada's forwards will be natural centers and bo will likely be the 12th or 13th forward so i don't know if he'll be listed as a center on the depth chart. 

Edited by tas