The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Vancouver Canucks and Columbus Blue Jackets: A revisit to 2016

[proposal] Vancouver Canucks and Columbus Blue Jackets:  A revisit to 2016

To Columbus:  Olli Juolevi

To Canucks:  Andrew Peeke

Andrew Peeke, also drafted in 2016, is a stay-at-home physical RD (https://www.sportsforecaster.com/nhl/p/26033/Andrew_Peeke).  Like Juolevi, Peeke was drafted in 2016 (34th overall) and has had his fair share of struggles with health and injuries.

Juolevi has 23 games under his belt while Peeke has 33.  

Both teams makes this deal as to give both prospects a change of scenery and a fresh start.  CBJ takes on Juolevi because he has higher upside (is a two way player), while the Canucks take on Peeke because he could potentially fill a bigger need (ie stay at home right side RD).  Peeke would likely be an upgrade over both Schenn and Bowey for that 3rd pairing RD spot as Hamonic deals with his personal situation.

Garland-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Petan-Miller-Podkolzin

Highmore-Dickinson-MacEwen

Chiasson

Lockwood

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Poolman

Rathbone-Peeke

Hunt

Demko

Halak

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Upvote 2

I'd throw Bowey into the deal as well to make it work so Columbus has a RHD that goes back in the deal.  I actually like Peeke.  He's a bit of a tweener but could be a solid 3rd pairing guy with Rathbone and he still has upside at 23 years old.  I don't think Poolman even played an NHL game until he was 24 and he looks real good now so Peeke could have the same trajectory.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd throw Bowey into the deal as well to make it work so Columbus has a RHD that goes back in the deal.  I actually like Peeke.  He's a bit of a tweener but could be a solid 3rd pairing guy with Rathbone and he still has upside at 23 years old.  I don't think Poolman even played an NHL game until he was 24 and he looks real good now so Peeke could have the same trajectory.

I would absolutely throw in Bowey with OJ if it sealed us Peeke.    The ol’ George Costanza for a bucket of chicken dealio. :-p

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I don't necessarily think the trash deal is over.......maybe, something around DiPietro ?

Not sure they'd want another goalie?  Korpisalo and Merzilikins are both only 27 and they drafted a goalie prospect in the same year and round we got Mikey.

Wonder if Gadjovich and Juolevi would've done the trick... guess we'll never know now but even a small pick added with Olli for an RD would be great.

• Cheers 1