The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

That's basically our starting lineup minus Dickinson. 

Garland-EP-Chiasson (Boeser placeholder)

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Petan-Miller-Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe-Dowling-Highmore -- final tryout for the 4th line roles, at least one or two of these guys are getting cut.

OEL-Myers

QH-Poolman

Rathbone-Schenn

Demko

Halak

OJ and Hunt as 7/8D. 

Burr44 to AHL.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, BPA said:

Guess OJ is on the outs.  He'll probably get claimed when he's put on waivers.

I think it’s pretty clear that he is now definitely on the outside looking in. As disappointed as I’ve been with his development since draft day, he HAS impressed me with his improvement from the beginning of this camp to where he got to with his game during the preseason games. I’d really prefer he not be put of waivers and get claimed.

Apparently he has been MIA from all team practice sessions of late, so perhaps he’s injured…or there is a trade in the works. I’d prefer that we get SOMETHING for him rather than lose him on waivers. The Gadj situation still irks me.

4 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I think it’s pretty clear that he is now definitely on the outside looking in. As disappointed as I’ve been with his development since draft day, he HAS impressed me with his improvement from the beginning of this camp to where he got to with his game during the preseason games. I’d really prefer he not be put of waivers and get claimed.

Apparently he has been MIA from all team practice sessions of late, so perhaps he’s injured…or there is a trade in the works. I’d prefer that we get SOMETHING for him rather than lose him on waivers. The Gadj situation still irks me.

We, unfortunately, aren't going to get much for Juolevi. He's worth more to us than what some other teams will give back in return.

Green, unfortunately, plays favourites, and we can see this play out consistently in his rosters.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone else surprised at Coach Green lineup choices this preseason. I understand the forward group missing EP40 would make the lines look outa whak with Miller as a Petey center filler, but I thought things would look different now Petey is back. 

i’m not sure if im ok with these lines , its preseason but its the last one.., just my back seat Coaching from the couch 2 cents and old cushion popcorn.

Go Canucks Go 

CDF01FE0-6115-4E4A-86FF-87F1705EBFB2.jpeg

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I thought Ollie had a recurring knee problem but I am not sure about that...I wish Gadj had made the middle six  but Podz blew past him on the depth chart.

The lack of PK readiness training for prospects {Gadj} has been an on going issue for years imo. I guess his foot speed might never be pro level for PK duty 

on the 4th line.

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

We, unfortunately, aren't going to get much for Juolevi. He's worth more to us than what some other teams will give back in return.

Green, unfortunately, plays favourites, and we can see this play out consistently in his rosters.

It’s a valid point on the potential return for OJ. I’m not so low on him that I’d risk him to waivers though.

As for Green playing favourites, well of course. He’s going to ice the lineup he favours to win games. Rathbone has had his defensive warts in a couple of pre-season games, but when you see him perform like he did last game against Edmonton, how he helps to elevate our overall team speed and offensive dynamism from the back….I’m right there with TG in preferring him over OJ. But I’m cool with folks who prefer what Juolevi brings to the table. But who knows, OJ may still have a significant role to play for the Canucks this year.

I’m jazzed for tonight’s game, and while I don’t usually care much for pre-season scorelines, I wouldn’t mind laying the boots to the Oil tonight.

• Cheers 1