The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I always get nervous when they say someone is a "safe pick".

Yeah.

Top 10 pick.  

Why go for a single when they should be going for a homerun?

Take a safe pick when you're drafting 4th-7th.  At those rounds, you pretty much know what you're going to get. 

11 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

There's a reason you might lose OJ for nothing, no one wants him. I'm sure JB is working hard on trying to move players maybe for low end draft picks. Every team has aOJ on their roster at this time of the year

There's a difference between "no one wants him" and "no one wants to give anything for him when he's going to be on waivers".  See Jonah Gadjovic.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Drafting him was a mistake.

OJ looked really good his draft year, and was the best Dman that world jr year. JB wanted to start building a D core.

its easy too say Now it was a mistake, as things haven’t worked out.  

i do like OJ, but im getting the feeling his place in this Canuck organization is set. He’s in ahole here in Canuckland and needs a total organization change for him too reach his potential. 

example at any place of work there are people that just dont fit in and will never go up the ladder at that company. it could be socially they dont fit in or they just don’t do anything better then anyone else. Management dont see anything special in that person as they already got their mind made up of them, once that happens they will never see anything they go blind , and it’s nearly impossible for them too see anything special in that person.
Change of scenery at a new company is the only way for that person to succeed. I believe same apply here with the OJ situation. So…i guess im saying is OJ will never reach his potential here. Either he moves or Green goes. I think Green is staying.

Go Canucks Go

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Glass wasn't in Juolevi's draft class. If anything we should have picked sergachev or mcavoy . Either way though,  i still have a feeling Juolevi will find his game, just needs to work on his mobility, conditioning. 

Chychrun is better than both of them.  Still confident OJ will turn out once he gets away from Green and Baumer.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Drafting him was a mistake.

People seem to forget that we drafted OJ because of organisational need. Canucks knew he wasn't BPA, but we were in desperate need for D prospects. That's the issue with not drafting BPA in the first round 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty underwhelmed with the 4th liners we kept. Hopefully Motte and Sutter are back sooner than later.

This is the forward group I wanna see when everything settles:

Garland Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hoglander

Chiasson Miller Podkolzin

Motte Dickinson Bailey/Sutter

Lockwood

The first line might need a bigger body than Garland but it might work. Especially if we get three scoring lines going. 
And I might like Boeser along Horvat with Höglander by Millers side. 
That leaves Podkolzin by Petey…

15 minutes ago, BPA said:

I remember that OJ was touted as the safe pick.  Too bad injuries derailed his development. 

Would have chosen Tkachuk (bloodlines) or other high risk / high reward like Sergachev.

Got to make those 1st round picks count.

Suspect very strongly that Benning had done his homework and realized how much of a cancer Tkachuk would be.  Respectable teams don't keep gutless cowards like that piece of garbage, regardless of production.  Picture how well the trash he pulls would go over in our room; even a classless group like Cahlgary was sick of his antics last year.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -Moose said:

People seem to forget that we drafted OJ because of organisational need. Canucks knew he wasn't BPA, but we were in desperate need for D prospects. That's the issue with not drafting BPA in the first round 

Exactly. Always take the BPA. Trade for need.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The first line might need a bigger body than Garland but it might work. Especially if we get three scoring lines going. 
And I might like Boeser along Horvat with Höglander by Millers side. 
That leaves Podkolzin by Petey…

Green won’t be breaking up the Hoglander-Horvat-Pearson trio. He clearly loves that line and they’re effective together.

Best you’re gonna get is Podkolzin or Chiasson on the first line leaving Miller to play with Garland and either Podz or Chia.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Suspect very strongly that Benning had done his homework and realized how much of a cancer Tkachuk would be.  Respectable teams don't keep gutless cowards like that piece of garbage, regardless of production.  Picture how well the trash he pulls would go over in our room; even a classless group like Cahlgary was sick of his antics last year.

JB would know better about character issues than the rest of us.  But even so, I'm pretty sure MT would yield a big return in a trade.

32 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Point well taken on Sutter but Gadj can't play center and we have a wealth of wingers right now. I am guessing Sutter might go on LTIR

as a cap maneuver but that is sheer speculation.

I'm just whining a lot right now lol.   I loved Jonah form the time he was drafted and pegged him for a starting lineup spot.   That said he's still got to make it work at the NHL level...will he?  Probably.  

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Chychrun is better than both of them.  Still confident OJ will turn out once he gets away from Green and Baumer.

It's still wild he fell so far.

Does anyone remember why people passed on him? He was touted a top 5 pick at one point wasn't he?

Just now, BPA said:

JB would know better about character issues than the rest of us.  But even so, I'm pretty sure MT would yield a big return in a trade.

And how much damage would he have done with his act here so far?  You think guys like Petey, Bo, and Brock would be happy to share a dressing room with that subhuman waste of oxygen?  What happens when he gives a cheap shot and then someone drills Petey as retaliation because Tkachuk isn't man enough to answer the bell?

Benning did the right thing in staying away from that gutless piece of $*%.

• Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

And how much damage would he have done with his act here so far?  You think guys like Petey, Bo, and Brock would be happy to share a dressing room with that subhuman waste of oxygen?  What happens when he gives a cheap shot and then someone drills Petey as retaliation because Tkachuk isn't man enough to answer the bell?

Lol.

star wars hate GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There are a lot of variables so who knows....Henrik might have straightened him out. 

Quinns good friends with the Tkachuks. I  honestly can’t stand that dousch bag family. But if there was a locker room cancer i think Miller would kill that cancer instantly. Captain Bo would talk that player but Miller would fix the problem imo.

Edited by HockeyHarry

Just now, Chris12345 said:

There are a lot of variables so who knows....Henrik might have straightened him out. 

I don't think Beliveau would have injected an ounce of class into that scumbag.  The rotten apple didn't fall far from the tree.  I'm convinced Brady must be the mailman's kid or something.

The turtle makes Sean Avery look like a respectable human being.