The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 14 players - Oct. 09, 2021

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Which is more than I can say for Hunt, who isn't good enough to play for us even if injuries hit.  He's another Weber/Larsen.

I hope we waive Hunt Vs. risk losing OJ. I think Rathbone would be best suited to start in Abbotsford and play a ton to start the year. Maybe OJ can boost a bit of his trade value then we move him if possible and then recall the Bone??

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

This will be JB's way of payback for taking Gadj!?

The best payback would be to fire Green and replace him with a coach who doesn't insist on playing AHL trash instead of our promising players who look ready.  Let Shaw clean house so we have qualified assistant coaches while we're at it.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

He's 33, that ship sailed.  He was a good teammate and slotted in well during injuries.  

I'm not feeling good about having both Hunt and Schenn on active roster... 

We are getting screwed by Hamonic who refused to opt out...  At least offer an ETA so we don't have to be hung out to dry like this... JB needs to either find a defent RHD in waivers or trade market ASAP!! 

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

I hope we waive Hunt Vs. risk losing OJ. I think Rathbone would be best suited to start in Abbotsford and play a ton to start the year. Maybe OJ can boost a bit of his trade value then we move him if possible and then recall the Bone??

We shouldn't be trading OJ at all; the problem is Green and the incompetent clown he has chosen to run his defense.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

I think OJ can still do a decent job given a bit more trust and patience...  Wish he was right handed!!! 

So... Now what with Hamonic?? He has intention to play this season but is leaving all of us guessing when he's ready...  So we shift his cap hit on LTIR or some sort of personal leave? 

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Precisely what I was thinking. Was a constant PK option in San Jose, takes draws (albeit not great) but very responsible defensively. I wonder if he could help lessen the blow of not having Brandon Sutter for the foreseeable future.

He played 3C (16 minutes average toi) on a bad San Jose team last year. I don't think he'd be out of place as a 4C on a decent team. Right handed, defensive, centre? I'd take him.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The best payback would be to fire Green and replace him with a coach who doesn't insist on playing AHL trash instead of our promising players who look ready.  Let Shaw clean house so we have qualified assistant coaches while we're at it.

Personally I think 1 of if not both the GM and Coach should've been gone, but the owner didn't have the balls. I think our team needs a different coach to reach our full potential for sure tho!

31 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Gadj maybe more physical but Gambrell got more tools and can really play in NHL!! 

We need more size on the fourth line.

No more 6’ and under players. We need some big boys for the bottom 6.

Which is why I hope Bailey makes the cut. Losing Gadjovich made us a much smaller team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Which is why I hope Bailey makes the cut. Losing Gadjovich made us a much smaller team.

No point when Green will bench anyone who takes a penalty because the ref didn't appreciate him finishing a check.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No point when Green will bench anyone who takes a penalty because the ref didn't appreciate him finishing a check.

I guess that’s why Lockwood is gone.

With Motte out Lockwood would have been the perfect fill in for him.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Brown is a 6’6” centre. We need a 4C/5C. 

Size don’t matter if you can’t skate.

Dickinson will be the fourth line center. I’d rather flank him with some guys that can skate and get in on the forecheck.

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bailey doesn’t really play big though. He’s fast and works hard but A small player could play the same way 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Bailey doesn’t really play big though. He’s fast and works hard but A small player could play the same way 

A smaller player bounces off bigger defenders when going in on the forecheck though.

Baileys got some great wheels too. Probably the fastest bottom 6 skater we have left.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A smaller player bounces off bigger defenders when going in on the forecheck though.

Baileys got some great wheels too. Probably the fastest bottom 6 skater we have left.

Does he kill penalties. I’m guessing this is what it comes down to. Rooting for him. I just don’t know if he’s the guy they keep around 

• Vintage 1